Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet

Category Miscellaneous
When the jet nozzles on your Swiffer mop are not spraying correctly, they are usually clogged. This is a guide about unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet.

Thanks Thriftyfun! I have mastered the art of unclogging Swiffer Wet Jets. First, rise off the jets with hot water and stick a pin up into each jet. I used a quilting pin because they are thin and about 1.5 inches long and have a nice round head so it's easy to pull it in and out. Then I replaced all four AA batteries. The Swiffer Wet Jet requires fresh batteries. (Still cheaper than paying someone else to mop my floor.) Now both of my Wet Jets work like new. I had bought the second one before accepting that this problem required some research.

I have a Swiffer that is about 6 months old, but one sprayer does not work. Nothing comes out of the spray hole. What can be done? Is there a way to clean the spray nozzles?

Cory

Answers

You could carefully soak that part of the swiffer in hot water (with bottle unattached) and that might dissolve the buildup inside the sprayer. Another idea is to carefully take a needle to try and clean out the sprayer hole.

Anonymous

change the batteries. Mine sprayed out of one hole until I changed the batteries

change the batteries I had low battery volt out of the four. Changed it for a fresh one and BINGO made me a believer good luck Steve

How do I clean a plugged nozzle on a Clorox Ready/Swiffer mop?

By delmus lech from Chicago, IL

Answers

I suggest soaking it in hot water. It pops out easily enough and let it sit in the warm/hot water for a bit, take it out, wipe it down, you maybe have to put a toothpick in there to get out the loosened up crud but it's easy.

Good luck

Anonymous

thanks so much...this was very helpful. I took a straight pin and cleaned out the blocked nozzle then took an old toothbrush and scrubbed it all about.......and it is working..again thanks...