Cleaning the Spray Nozzles on a Swiffer

I have a Swiffer that is about 6 months old, but one sprayer does not work. Nothing comes out of the spray hole. What can be done? Is there a way to clean the spray nozzles?

Cory

You could carefully soak that part of the swiffer in hot water (with bottle unattached) and that might dissolve the buildup inside the sprayer. Another idea is to carefully take a needle to try and clean out the sprayer hole.

change the batteries I had low battery volt out of the four. Changed it for a fresh one and BINGO made me a believer good luck Steve

Absolutely nothing worked on the right side sprayer that was just barely "dribbling"...Not even after soaking and again using a pin in the hole numerous times. Finally just took the (all still good) batteries out. And using a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol, I gently cleaned/wiped all the contacts with the rubbing alcohol dipped Q-tip including the spring contacts, AND each end of each battery.

Then, put it all back together. And presto! It now works just like new, spraying like it should from each side!!

Anonymous

change the batteries. Mine sprayed out of one hole until I changed the batteries

Anonymous

Where do I find the batteries?

Remove the spray bottle. The battery panel is behind the location of the spray bottle. There is a thumb-shaped notch in the middle of the panel. Slide the battery panel upward toward where you normally hold the handle. It might take some force to move the panel if it has not been previously performed. The Swiffer requires 4 AA batteries.