Fixing a Swiffer WetJet That is Not Spraying

The Swiffer WetJet spray can be prone to clogging. If you can get the clog clerked out, your Swiffer WetJet will be working as good as new. This is a guide about fixing a Swiffer WetJet that is not spraying.

I followed the tips on ThriftyFun for corroded contacts, exhausted batteries, etc. After verifying with a voltage meter that the switch worked and the contacts all through the circuits to the motor were not corroded (battery compartment like new), I was able to verify that when batteries were in the compartment and I pressed the switch, there was a 6v current at the engine contacts.

The motor was frozen. I sprayed it both inside and out with WD-40 and let it sit for a minute. Still didn't start. I pressed the switch button and held it down and started tapping the motor casing with a tack hammer very gently. On the third tap, it started up and has been running ever since without a problem.

To get to the motor, take out the fluid bottle, remove the two chromed Phillips head screws holding the front fascia plate on, then remove the single screw down the swivel at the bottom. Lift up the plate to clear the swivel hinge and pull down slightly and the fascia comes out. The motor and pump are now accessible. To reassemble, put the fascia back on and replace the screws. WD-40 in the motor should prevent future water based corrosion from seizing up the motor shaft.

I refilled my WetJet and now when I use it, it doesn't spray well. The solution only shoots out weakly a few inches. Did I do something wrong and is there any way to fix this?

Mary from Hummelstown, PA

Answers

Best Answer

Change the batteries and make sure the bottle is in all the way.

I recently purchased a Swiffer WetJet and when I went to use it, it is not spraying. I have the bottle of liquid in it that came with it. I must be doing something wrong. Please help.

By Sue M from Boylston, MA

Answers

Best Answer

I had the same problem and tried the earlier suggestion posted here. To clean where the battery connects with nail polish remover and was shocked that it worked...

I bought new batteries and the spray still doesn't come out! I think the commercials are wrong. I am very disappointed.

By Marquette