Replacement Parts for a Swiffer WetJet

Finding replacement parts for many small household appliances and cleaning tools can be frustrating. This is a guide about replacement parts for a Swiffer WetJet.

Has anyone tried the new Swiffer Wetjet Pads? I don't like them. They no longer have those flaps that hold the small pieces of dirt that missed when you were sweeping. If you use the pad once and put the mop down for a while, that dirt is deposited back on the next floor you clean. Does anyone know where I can find the old style pads?

Joanieq from Owego, NY

Answers

If you find the old pads can you post it here? The new ones STINK! I emailed Swiffer tonight and told them so.

I went to their website when I complained and they sent me a coupon for any Swiffer product free. I it was worth $6. I bought some of their dusters because I would not buy the new pads if they were free.

Maybe if they get enough feedback they will bring back the old ones.

Don't they have "real" people test these items. A few homemakers could have told them they were lousy within a day.

I'm so glad to find out I'm not the only one who dislikes the new Swiffer pads. I also e-mailed the company with a complaint about them. They had such a good product with the old pads; they had cuffs to hold in all the hair and dirt and were so much more absorbant. The new pads just don't do the job. I've gone back to my old trusty mop. Please let P&G know if you dislike the new pads. Maybe they will get the message and go back to the old ones!

I have seen reusable washable pads on ebay. I have a full box so I haven't ordered them yet. Anybody tried them?

We did use a lot of the Swiffer Wetjet mops in our company until the new pads came out. We have found that the new pads are a waste of time and we will no longer purchase Swiffer products until the old Pad is back on the market.

Yes, I've tried the new pads. They are bad! They don't pick up anything and just use streaks all over my floor. I can't find any information on the old pads or the switch to the new ones, so I won't be using swiffer anymore.

wow. I completely agree.

The new pads suck.

I called the company and they were clueless. Interested, but said that they had heard no feeback yet.

Maybe we should email them these comments.

I guess nobody has found the old pads anywhere.

I couldn't agree more. The new pads are awful. I want to clean my floor, not move the dirt around. What was P&G thinking, and what fools were testing these new pads. AWFUL!!!

I like the ease of using the Swiffer Mop but it left my floor sticky when done and my cat seemed to get sick after licking spilled milk off of the same floor.

Has any one had similar problems with one? Has anyone tried to use other cleaning fluid in the bottle, like vinegar water or anything like that? I know the company states not to use any other cleaning solution but maybe that is just not to lose money. I would like to use something more pet friendly. The floor was completely dry when my cat lapped up the milk and then got sick. I'm not saying this product caused my cat to become ill but he got sick right after the floor was mopped with it, the first and only time I tried this new mop. I did notice the floor seemed sticky but figured it would be fine when dry.

I thought I was going crazy?!
A friend of mine moved a while back and gave me her swiffer wetjet and the pads that she had left. I loved it so much that when the pads ran out, I decided it was worth the cost to replace them. I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I figured my friend must have had some secret store she bought them at.

I am going right now to P&G's website to complain! RIDICULOUS! Why fix something that's not broken! The new pads are TERRIBLE!

I am so glad I finally found people with the same complaints as me. Where can we get the old ones?? As far as I'm concerned, until I hear the old ones are back, I'm ALL Done with Swiffer Wet Jet.

I think the old ones were too effective and they actually wanted to decrease the effectiveness so we would have to use more pads and buy more often. Any idiot could see how this was not an improvement at all. Bye bye swiffer. I don't respect companies like that.

I think the company decided to rip us all off even more by making a junkie pad. I have decided not to use the Swiffer anymore. As soon as the pads I have are used, I will throw it away. Too bad . It was actually not such a bad (although not cost efficient) product.

Swiffer HAS had complaints about the pads because I'm one of the ones that have complained! I told them months ago how the new pads sucked. I can mop my whole floor and they have NO dirt on them, and I have 2 large dogs that live inside, give me a break. The old pads worked great, u could see the dirt u were picking up and felt like u were actually cleaning your floors. I've since started using a cloth pad that was meant for another mop over my swiffer and it works fine.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reintroduce the old swiffer pads. I loved the old pads and am running out of big box I bought on ebay right after the change. I don't know what I will use next but it definitely will not be the new pads!

Some people have remarked how expensive the pads are. (24 for $12.) I found a pretty good alternative. I actually use maxipads (with wings). They are about 28 for $6.00, which is near half of what I pay for those expensive Wet Jet pads. Just remove the backing on the pads and wings to expose the sticky tape on the back, and stick the pad on the mop like you were putting on the normal wet jet pads. Make sure the wing doesn't block the jet stream. It works!

I was going to purchase a wet jet however after hearing and reading all the complaints about the pads I have changed my mind. I would like to hear if these complaints have have done any good as I am moving to a new home with all hardwood floors. Thanks

I am constantly cleaning my floors which is why I bought the swiffer wet jet, for convenience. I do not know how the old pads worked but I will tell you this. The way the pads are afixed to the mop on commercials and the way I put the pads on when I clean are two entirely different ways. If I put the pads on as the commercials have it my floors would never be clean!

I just bought a swiffer wet jet. Here I didnt know that I could re-use the disposable pad it come with for up to 7 times! So I used 1 for my bathroom and threw it away and used the other for my kitchen and threw it away! What a waste of money for me. So I am on this message board looking to see how I can save money and I am reading all of these messages about the OLDER pads being better- what was the difference in them? and does anyone know yet where to get the older ones?

I haven't had any success with the Swifter floor products- the pad gets dirty so fast it immediately needs to be changed - that one might be an older versin. I have bought other products of theirs without success either. So the only thing I do purchase of their is the Swifter duster.

I know the Swiffers are cheap to buy, but if they break where do you get parts for them? The one I have broke the first time it was used.

Answers

Best Answer

If it broke the first time I used it, I would take it back to the store and exchange it for a new one.

The plastic piece that holds the batteries is broken. Where can I get a replacement part?

Where can I get replacement pads and the liquid for my Swiffer?

By Elsine

My Swiffer WetJet pad holders are gone. What can I replace them with?

By Chris

Any suggestions to repair it well? Anyone else have this issue? Duct tape and Popsicle sticks don't fix everything. This seems a common problem when switching from a mop, to push into handle to work on a stubborn spot.
It broke during first use within a few moments of use. The junction of the handle to stick has the thinnest collar of plastic on the entire product.
Back to the mop and bucket.
Thanks.

By Gwen G. from Tucson, AZ

I accidentally threw out the container, located on the Swiffer Wet Jet, that contains and releases the solution. How can I order another container?

By Mary Bush

Where can I get a new battery holder part?

By Shirley from Ripon, WI

Would like to know where I can find small pad to clean hard to clean spots on the floor?

By Jlr

Where can I obtain a replacement handle for the Wet Jet?

By John

Where can I buy a replacement battery compartment for my wetjet?

By Birdie