Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet

When the bottle on your Swiffer breaks or needs to be refilled it can be a hassle to accomplish the job. You don't, however, necessarily need to go buy a new mop. This is a guide about replacing the bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet.

How do I remove the bottle from my Swiffer Wet Jet cleaner?

By Pamela from Monroe, OH

Answers

Just pull it out.

There's a little white ridged button on the side you have to push to release it.

I have a white button on the back of my Swiffer just above where the batteries go in at.

There is a white tab on the side just above the battery door release. PUSH in on the large oval shaped button and the bottle is released. Lift the small tab to open the battery door. takes 4 - AA batteries.

how do I replace the bottle on my swiffer wet jet

Thank you

thank you, I couldn't get the bottle out, I would've spent all night trying to get the bottle out!

Anonymous

Thank you.

Between the top of the bottle and the pole, push the connecting part down. This releases the bottle, Lift up and out.

My neighbor gave me swiffer wet mop. I do not want to spend all the money on cleaning stuff so I will make my own. Does anyone know what kind of bottle would fit the swiffer? It had no bottle when he gave to me.

Thanks,
Ldyinpa from PA

Answers

I put my cleaner in a squirt bottle. I spray the floor first than scrub. Im such a tight wad, that I use OLD mens sox for the pad. Hope these ideas help :)

You may have to either buy just one bottle so you will have the one that fits, or just ask one of your friends that has the wet jet if you can have their bottle when it is empty?
Dede

I use old man's sock cut off at the ankles as pads for my swiffer mop also. Works great and can be washed and used over and over. Just be sure you don't cover the hole where the cleaner sprays out. I use the tops as well as the bottoms of the socks after they are cut apart. Clean ones for each room I wash up. I have even used my mop to wipe down my front porch floors which are the new plastic type boards they manufacture now. Works great for this too.

you can do one of two things once you run out of cleaning solution. 1) cut a small hole in the bottom of the bottle (the part facing you) add your own cleaning solution, then put a cork in the hold. 2) use a large syringe w/needle (I use the meat tenderizer/injector) and fill the bottle from the top through the opening.

Linda, there is a button on the side near the bottle; when you press it, it releases the bottle.

How can I take off the bottle on a Swiffer without pliers?

By Elaine

Answers

I don't think the Swiffer bottle was intended to be removed from the mop handle. My guess is that there is a way to pour the refill solution into the bottle while it is attached to the handle.

I don't know that the Swiffer bottle is meant to be removed. Don't you buy the bottle of refill stuff and pour it in? There are some brands of that type of mop that have a bottle that is meant to be removed and you can refill it right from the faucet and add whatever type of cleaner you want to it.

If you mean removing the cap of the bottle so u can refill it with ur own cleaner that is easy. Just boil some water dip empty bottle cap down for 15-20 seconds then twist cap off with towel. If u don't want to do this method each time take a razor carefully cut tabs off tabs inside. Been doing this for years now works great and it's cheaper then buying their refills. Good luck. Saw this tip on YouTube.

Is there a way to refill the swifter wet jet bottle?

By Pam from Bland, MO

Answers

I have had success refilling the bottle by using the turkey injector.

If you use pliers you can take the cap off the Swiffer cleaner bottle and then fill it easily. I do it so I can replace the Swiffer cleaning solution with one to which my husband is not highly allergic. Love the Swiffer, love the pads, hate the smell of the cleaning solution!

I was wondering about refilling the swiffer bottle today and don't have time to do the injector all of the time. I learned about the boiling water trick and tried it out. I filled a coffee cup full of hot water (my water is very hot but you are supposed to microwave it for a minute or two) and stuck the end of the bottle with cap in the water, let it sit for about 15 secs and then with a towel it twisted right off. :) Woohoo.

My Swifter has no release button on the side. How do I get the bottle off?

By Abby

When I try to insert my bottle of cleaner, I can't. I have tried to insert it multiple ways with no success. Any suggestions?

By Kevin