Removing Braces Wax Stains

girl with braces
The one time you forget to check pockets is right after a family member leaves a packet of orthodontic wax in their clothing. This is a guide about removing braces wax stains.

My daughter left the wax for her braces in her pants pocket and I washed and dried it. It left spots all over her pants and a golf pull-over of my son's. I've tried oxyclean stain remover and bleach for colors. No help. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kim from Bossier City, LA

Can you stick it in the freezer and then scrape it off the best you can?

You can also try using a hair dryer to warm it up and scrape it off from there.

You may also want to try goo gone, too.

Best wishes.

When I have melted a chapstick in the dryer, I have used murpheys oil soap on the stain. Do not dry in the dryer until all the stains are out. I just use the dollar store brand of the soap, put it on the stain, let set a few minutes and wash. Hang dry.

Try Greased Lightening. My Mom is a chef and they use it for getting out grease. I went and bought another bottle today as I washed and dried a lip balm over my daughter's school sweatshirt (thank goodness it's not a uniform and required!) and church clothes! I've used it on melted crayon before, works good, diligence is key.

Put the stains between two papertowels and bring out your iron. Don't make the iron too hot. Press the papertowel right over the stain and it should pull out the "wax". Good luck!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

my sister was sooo mad at me for leaving my wax in my pocket and getting it all over our favorite clothes

i will go home and try that, and if it doesn't work, ill try goo gone.

I washed and dried my family clothes (mostly cottons) with two containers of orthodontic wax (for braces) in my son's pocket. Everything is spotted. I've tried everything to get the stains out without success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By Patty from Roanoke, VA

I am not sure if this will work, but if you get candle wax on something, they say to put the item in the freezer for a while and then pick it off.

Hope this helps.

Patty

I washed and dried a blue crayon with a new load of jeans. I called shout to see if it would work,they said no but to try rewashing the load with the hottest water the fabric could stand and the regular detergent amt plus 1 cup of baking soda. I used warm water with era and 1 box of baking soda from the fridge it was ready to be replaced anyway. Most of the stain came out and the jeans that didn't, I rewashed and it came out. might be worth a try. It sure was a lot easier than pre-treating all those stains. jill