Removing Burns from Stainless Steel Pan

I just bought a stainless steel skillet. I wanted to sear pork chops. Okay, I did that alright, seared the whole pan. Now my nice shiny skillet looks a mess. I've managed to clean the inside, but how do I clean the underside so that it sparkles again? Please help.

By bluegardenia from Toronto, CA

Answers:

Removing Burns from Stainless Steel Pan

There is a product called "Astonish" I believe that it is from England and available on QVC. This stuff is fabulous for stainless steel and your oven as well. (12/22/2009)

By Cyndi D.

Removing Burns from Stainless Steel Pan

A great way to get burnt on food from the inside of stainless steel pots and pans is to go to the hardware store and get a 3M ScotchBrite sanding disk. They're made of some kind of light abrasive impregnated plastic mesh. They're used for sanding and removing paint or rust (I used it on my F150). They are about 6 bucks. Put it on your cordless drill and voila! Burnt stuff is gone. And it's not going to scratch it up either.
(12/22/2009)

By stevelaw1000

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot
🎉
🎄