Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Burnt Oil From a Frying Pan

Pin It

burnt oil

I forgot to remove my pan from the burner after frying taco shells, causing the oil to burn onto the pan.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

• 1 Tbsp Dawn dish soap
  • water

1. Add Dawn dish soap to the pan. Fill the pan about halfway with water.add soap
  2. Put the pan on the stove and boil for about 5 minutes. Be sure to set a timer.boil soapy water
  3. Using a metal spatula, carefully scrap away as much of the oil as possible. NOTE: Do not use a metal spatula on a non-stick pan.scrap off oil
  4. Empty the soap water into the sink. Then scrub with a sponge to remove any remaining oil.use sponge on oilclena pan

By

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Rene Ruby H.10/26/2013

SOS pads work great for this. They clean up glass and metal baking pans with no soaking required. Just wet the pan and swipe with an SOS...comes out great! Make sure you buy the pads that are already soaped.

By Rose Mary F.10/20/2013

I have stains like this on cookie sheets. One cookie sheet has a finish on it. How do I remove similar stains from cookie sheets without hurting the finish?

By Gloria Z [5]10/19/2013

I use Ezoff Oven Cleaner the non-toxic kind. I spray the pan then put in a plastic bag and let it sit over night. Next day I just wipe it off with a paper towel.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.