Removing Candle Wax Dye From Carpet

How can you get candle dye off the carpet once you remove the wax?

jxp

Answers:

Removing Candle Wax Dye From Carpet

I had a hot red candle with 3 wicks over my coffee table last night. I thought that the candle was cool enough to trim the wicks. When I flipped it over wax came out on the coffee table and on the carpet. I let the wax completely cool. On the table the wax peeled straight off, but on the carpet it stuck between the fibers. I took a plastic fork to loosen the wax on the carpet, then I used a vacuum with a beater bar to loosen it.

After doing so I had pink stains on the carpet. I looked to see if I had any lighter fluid, but I didn't. I found some silicone spray for car doors and locks. I sprayed this down on the carpet. I used an old rag to start getting the stains up. I was surprised how well this worked. After letting it dry I used the vacuum again. I was amazed how well this worked. "Silicone spray" is my answer. (12/12/2009)

By Ratino

Melted Candle Wax
Removing Candle Wax from Carpet
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
A burning red pillar candle.
Removing a Red Candle Wax Stain from Carpet
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄