Removing Candle Wax Dye From Carpet

How can you get candle dye off the carpet once you remove the wax?

Removing Candle Wax Dye From Carpet

I had a hot red candle with 3 wicks over my coffee table last night. I thought that the candle was cool enough to trim the wicks. When I flipped it over wax came out on the coffee table and on the carpet. I let the wax completely cool. On the table the wax peeled straight off, but on the carpet it stuck between the fibers. I took a plastic fork to loosen the wax on the carpet, then I used a vacuum with a beater bar to loosen it.

After doing so I had pink stains on the carpet. I looked to see if I had any lighter fluid, but I didn't. I found some silicone spray for car doors and locks. I sprayed this down on the carpet. I used an old rag to start getting the stains up. I was surprised how well this worked. After letting it dry I used the vacuum again. I was amazed how well this worked. "Silicone spray" is my answer. (12/12/2009)

By Ratino

Melted Candle Wax
Removing Candle Wax from Carpet
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink