Removing Candle Wax from Carpet

Category Carpet
Removing wax from carpet can be extremely difficult if you don't use the right method. With these tips, you will be able to remove the wax quickly and easily. This is a guide about removing candle wax from carpet.

Place a thick (grocery store type) dry paper bag on the carpet (make sure no inked logos etc. are on it because that ink can possibly transfer to the carpet - just cut those portions off of the bag) and use a clothes iron. The paper will soak up the candle wax but be careful to not have the heat of the iron so hot that it might melt the carpet if the carpet is of synthetic fibers (almost all are synthetic these days). Just keep ironing back and forth on the paper portion only while rearranging the bag to soak up more wax if needed.

I was a landlord for many years and always did this instead of trying to make tenants who moved out pay to replace the carpet. There was only one time that their candle wax buildup was so bad that there was no way to salvage the carpet.

I had the same thing happen. Take a brown paper grocery bag; cut it open so it's 1 sheet. Place over the wax. Using an iron on a low setting iron the bag over the wax area. Keep moving the bag until all the wax is gone. Then just throw the bag away!

How can you get wax out of the carpet?

By wjolsen

Answers

Best Answer

You will need coffee filters and an iron.

Scrape up as much wax as you can. Lay a coffee filter over what remains. With an iron on low heat, iron over the wax. As soon as the filter starts to absorb wax turn it so clean filter is over the wax and iron again. Continue until the wax no longer marks the filter. Before putting your iron away, iron a fresh filter to clean off any waxy residue which may have got through to the iron.

Best Answer

Brown paper bags work in the same way the coffee filters do. However, coffee filters might be more available.

How does one get old wax off a carpet?

By Emily

Answers

Best Answer

I would try a warm iron and paper towels. Lay down the paper towel, then press the iron on it, continue to blot until you get it up.

Don't start out with the iron too hot. It could damage the carpet. But the warm iron should melt the wax and transfer it to the towel.

Best Answer

You can hold an ice cube to it, and after a couple minutes, it should come up. Either one would work.

How do you get candle wax out of carpet and clothing?

Sheila from Flint, Michigan

Answers

Lay A piece of brown paper over the wax and then iron over it with A warm iron.This will melt the wax and the paper will absorb the wax.

By VR (Guest Post)

Wow, it worked great with the paper bag and iron. Even after it looked like it was gone I went over the carpet a few more times and got more candle wax.

By Gina (Guest Post)

Wowzie-It really did work! Thank you everyone!

By GML5663 AT AIM.COM (Guest Post)

WOWZIE-The brown bag/iron really did work! Thank you everyone!

By Deanna (Guest Post)

I split beige candle wax on a multi colored rug in a green & tan section . The paper bag & iron method worked amazingly well. Unfortunately, the black section of the rug without wax seems to have hardened or become crusty, as if damaged by the heat.

I was unable to iron only the area with wax . Any tips on how to correct this new problem?

By Douglas (Guest Post)

I was a skeptic. (I had like 10 tea lights dump onto the floor with a thick layer of wax.) I got a damp towel and used an iron (med/high to high) heat and used the steamer. Totally worked!

By Mete (Guest Post)

Damp cloth and warm iron works like a charm! Thanks!

By jeff (Guest Post)

Remedy somewhat worked but ruined my oriental carpet from the heat. =(

By Marianne (Guest Post)

Forget the ice! I think this only works for when wax is on a hard surface. The video to watch on how to remove candle wax with the spoon, forget that too! Use the brown paper bag and an iron on med-high heat with no steam. I had a fuschia candle overflow in 2 different spots, one against the wall trim.

What a nightmare! The iron and brown paper lunch bag worked fantastically! I was freaking b/c I thought I was going to lose my security deposit. Both spots are completely gone. Take my word for it, the iron is the way to go!:)

I spilled blue candle wax on my light carpet. I was able to get the wax up, but not the stain. I have tried just about everything! Please help.

By Trina from Loganville, GA

Answers

Best Answer

Use a small amount of liquid oxi cleaner with a brush and gently swab it.

Load More