Cleaning Candle Wax from Brass

Category Metal
Brass candle holders are bound to get wax on them. Properly removing the wax buildup will ensure that you don't damage the finish. This is a page about cleaning candle wax from brass.

The freezer will usually work. Just freeze the holder for a couple of hours and the wax will become brittle and pop right off. Or we use a heat gun and carefully heat the wax and catch the melted wax with paper towels as it loosens. It is, of course best top use bobeches, or spray the candle holder first with Pam or another non stick spray before use.

By Pat Phillips from Springfield, MO

Stick the brass in the freezer for about 2 hours and the wax will come off super easy. Hope that helps!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Heat the hard wax on the candelabra with a hair dryer. Then keep mopping up the wax as it melts.

By shi from Ireland

I need to know how to remove wax from a brass follower.

Answers

You can fill a dishpan with boiling soapy water and soak the brass candle follower in the water. This should soften up the wax and allow you to scrap it off with your fingernails or a plastic scraper.

If he wax is hard to scrape off then add some vinegar to the water.

You can use the boiling water method but I generally just place mine in the freezer overnight and the wax will usually just plop right off in the morning or it is easily nicked off with your fingernail.

Here is a video that explains the hot water method but it also has some good advice on how to clean your followers.

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&biw=1408...

Some people may not know exactly what a candle follower is so just in case someone is interested:

"Candle followers are often deliberately heavy or weighted to ensure they move down as the candle burns lower, maintaining a seal and preventing wax escape. The purpose of a candle follower is threefold: To contain the melted wax, making the candle more efficient, avoiding mess, and producing a more even burn."

www.atheniancandle.com/candle-followers

Put it in a plastic bag in the freezer for a day or two, while still in the bag, try to gently rub the wax off. The bag contains the mess. This has worked for all colors of was, although blue and red sometimes leave a stain or shadow. Most times a little salt, baking soda and vinegar smeared on and gently wiped off with a white rag and dried gets the stain. Do not let it sit on the metal.

Post back with an update.

From boiling water, to freezing, to tapping - here are 2 links to help out. - homeguides.sfgate.com/remove-wax-brass-candlesticks-88945... - www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-wax-from-candlesticks

Thank you so much.. I did use hot water but not boiling hot. I'll try that.

Thank you for this tip...I hadn't thought of this!

I have used the freezing as well as the boiling and the boiling in my experience works better.

Thank you.

How can I clean wax from a brass table?

By Victorina S.

Answers

I used a tray with candles on it for dancing and now it is dirty from the melted now hard candles. How do I clean it?

How do I remove candle wax from my 9 hand brass candelabra?

Charline from Freehold, NJ

Answers

By (Guest Post)

I worked at a home rental store and we used WD-40.

By Cat (Guest Post)

Put it in the freezer for a while.. The wax will just pop right off!

By christine In (Guest Post)

I don't know if a hair dryer would hurt the candleabra but I would try it a little at a time. Hope this helps.

That's another interesting solution. Thank you!

How do I clean wax from a 9 stemmed brass candelabra?

Answers

Not at all difficult, mizmac, but perhaps a bit time consuming. A sink full of hot water, as hot as you can make it (or a hair dryer or heat gun if you have) and alternate by putting the thing in your deepfreeze.

Back a forth a few times, chipping bits of wax off after removing from freezer, scrubbing bits off after removing from hot water ....

What is the best way to clean brass? I think I have candle wax on the bottom of the stand. What is the best way to remove it?

By Marion

Answers

Any wax left in a freezer for just 30 minutes crumbles off like it was never there. Hope that helps.

Home and Garden Cleaning MetalSeptember 7, 2011
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf79408583.tip.html