Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

What do you use to get rid of the odor of cigarette smoke in an air conditioned room?

By forealp from Georgetown, Guyana

Answers:

Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors

I am grateful to all of the people who have discussed their experiences with cigarette smoke odors. I have just begun the process to purchase a home - and it does smell of cigarette smoke. My Realtor commented on the strong smell when we saw the home today. Now I am uncertain that I would want this home. From all of the discussion of smoke odors being inside the cabinets, possibly oozing through the new paint (unless properly washed, primed and painted), and ventilation systems and refrigerators continuing to hold the smell - I am starting to think that I should not buy this home.

It sounds like a major ordeal to really clean one's home of the cigarette smoke odor. If anyone has any more encouraging success stories - they would be great to hear. It sounds like some people have had some success - and some people like the ozone machines, but my tendency is to believe the worst reports (e.g from the physician family below).

I am wanting to live a more green life and have even considered repainting with greener paints - but now reading all of this makes me want to steer clear of this home. Thanks everyone! miss green clean (08/29/2009)

By miss green clean

cigarette smoke odors
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A man smoking a cigarette and wearing a black leather jacket.
Removing Cigarette Smell from Leather Jacket
Child sniffing and hugging large stuffed bear
Cleaning Cigarette Smoke Odors on Stuffed Toys
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 12, 2017 at 11:21:40 AM on 10.0.1.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.