I need to remove some contact paper from my kitchen cupboards in the house we are moving into? Please help.
Sandi from IA
Try using a hair dryer to heat the paper, makes it easy to peel off. I had some on a wall many years ago and I used an iron with a elastic pressing cloth over the sole plate and that worked too! (12/05/2004)
I agree with the hair dryer method of helping to free up the paper, but then you are still stuck with the gummy glue mess....use WD-40, spray on an let sit a minute or two and wipe clean, works great for removing store tags, marker writing on sale items, etc. (12/06/2004)
Heat with a hairdryer - pulls off much easier. (12/06/2004)
By GENA LIPSCOMB
Cola -- My supervisor accidentally spilled her Coca cola at one of the hair dressing stations and the contact paper peeled right off! Goes to show you a person should NOT put in their stomach what can melt glue! (12/07/2004)
By Fran Marie
A blow dryer will loosen it and make it simple to remove. (12/21/2004)
The hair dryer works great. The time required to remove very old contact paper is very minimal. (12/24/2005)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!