Browsing: Removing Gum from Leather Furniture

Removing Gum From a Leather Chair

How can I get gum off of a leather chair?

Lollipoptoo

Answers:
Try Peanut Butter 10/10/2004
Try putting creamy peanut butter over the gum. The oil in the peanut butter will dissolve the gum. It sounds silly, and can be a touch messy - but it should do the trick.
By Jason (Guest Post)
Antibacterial Gel 10/20/2004
Antibacterial gel works well on gum or any adhesive residue, and it isn't messy at all. Also kills germs while you are cleaning.
By jeangnome46
Eucalyptus Oil 09/19/2005
Eucalyptus oil is the best for removing anything sticky. You can buy it from most drug stores.
By sarah (Guest Post)
Peanut Butter 11/05/2005
I have to say incredible. I had gum on my leather jacket since march... Peanut butter took it right off. Thanks for the tip.
By Rachel (Guest Post)
Peanut Butter Worked for My Leather Coat 12/02/2005
I used Peanut Butter on my $200 leather coat to get rid of gum and it worked VERY easily and cleanly, just spread a THIN layer on and lightly scratch off. It really worked.
By Jeremy (Guest Post)
Peanut Butter 03/29/2006
The peanut butter works like a charm, if you let it sit for a few second and then just scratch and wash it off it comes off perfectly and doesn't even ruin the leather!
By Jim (Guest Post)
Peanut Butter Worked for Me 05/04/2006
PEANUT BUTTER REALLY WORKS! I have to say that I was really hesitant about using peanut butter on my parents brand new leather sofa that I some how managed to smear gum into. I sat on the gum for a while so it was really set in. first I picked off as much as I could and then i applied thin layer of peanut butter and wiped away with a dry cloth. I had to repeat it several times but to my surprise the peanut butter didn't stain or leave a mark on the couch at all. Thanks to the rest of you for saving me!
By Meg (Guest Post)

A woman with chewing gum.
Removing Gum from Leather Furniture
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 15, 2016 at 7:05:02 PM on 10.0.1.79 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.