Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

I have a plastic tub surround that is severely stained yellow from hard water. I have tried baking soda and vinegar as well as CLR, with no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Katrina from Cheshire, MA

Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

Put some vinegar on it and wait a few minutes or maybe even a few hours then scrub it. You won't believe the result. (09/26/2007)

By M from Iran

Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

There is a product called Lime Away that may work. Then there is another thing that you can rub on the surface, and I don't remember what it is called. It is like a porous rock. When you use it disintegrates as you rub on the surface. I have used it on my toilet bowls to get off stains from hard water. It worked for me. (09/26/2007)

By suzin

Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

Barkeepers friend scouring powder and a bit elbow grease always works and is cheap. (09/26/2007)

By bornfree7777

Removing Hard Water Stains From Tub

Thanks for the feedback. I tried the vinegar and lime away and neither worked. Is there some substitute for barkeepers friend? I have looked for it and can't find it. (10/04/2007)

By Lionkat2

Removing Hard Water Stains from a Tub
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub