Removing Highlighter on Cabinets

We are about to close on a house and during the inspection I noticed that the kitchen island had highlighter all over it (where the chairs go). Has anyone ever tried to get highlighter off? I'm worried that whatever I/they use will take off the finish as well.

Thanks!

By Jeremy

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You did not state what the surface was that has the highlighter on it but I am guessing a Mr. Clean eraser or a little baking soda on a damp sponge should do the trick. Good Luck and Congrats on your new home!

I would try WD-40 It works for crayon on walls and doesn't remove paint.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenMay 31, 2011
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:25:10 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.