Removing Ink from a Photo

How do I get black ink off a picture? I wrote the a name and date on the back of a picture and the ink smudged on the next picture behind it. Please help.

Chips

Answers:

jbarcher

I worked in photofinishing for 15 years. Hair spray can work for ink. Spray it on and immediately rub with a soft cloth or Kleenex. Then wash print under cool water. Squeegee off excess water on a flat surface and blow dry with a hair dryer. You can wash and dry any print this way that got water spots or a little food on it.

Janeen (06/09/2005)

By thejancat

Removing Ink from a Photo

Please be advised that the new digital images printed at home on your printer will smear and run if you get them wet if you don't use specialized waterproof ink. But, that's OK because usually you can print another. (06/13/2005)

By kidsNclutter

I've had so much trouble with the passport office recently, and this picture was the 4th I've sent in the past few months, but I got ink on it, THANKYOU for suggesting hair spray, you've literally saved my life!!!

Removing Ink from a Photo
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄