Removing Lint from Clothing

Tips for removing lint from clothing. Post your ideas!

Answers:

Duct Tape

To remove lint, hair, and especially cat hair from your clothes, take about 6 inches of duct tape, wrap it around your hand with sticky side away from your skin and stick end to end. Then dab away. Not much will escape the duct tape sticky.

By SusanL (08/27/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Removing Lint from Clothing

I have found that simply dampening my hand and rubbing it over a garment is one of the best ways to get off lint and pet fur. It is easiest when the garment is being worn. (08/27/2004)

By PoPo

Removing Lint from Clothing

A great way to remove lint or animal hair from clothes, furniture and bedding is to take a Playtex glove and sweep it with the glove and vacuum the hair. It really works well.
(08/28/2004)

By Renee

Make Your Own Lint Remover

Here's a quick way to make a lint remover in a pinch. Roll up a magazine and tape both ends. Then wrap another piece of tape around the top of the roll, sticky side out. When the stickiness wears out, add a new piece of tape. (09/02/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Lint Solution

If you find your lint roller empty and have animal hair, or lint, on your clothing, just roll a piece of tape, (I use masking tape), sticky side out, around your 3 middle fingers and dab the areas and the hair/lint will come right off.

By Jenzo (11/24/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Removing Lint from Clothing

Sister and I are trying this as I type. I had a really nice sweater poncho and it was covered in lint, but we took a blue-white two sided sponge and wet it a little bit, wrung it till it was damp and then scuffed it over the sweater and it started removing lint really well. (03/11/2005)

By J and J

Removing Lint from Clothing

Green 3m scour pad. I tried everything else, but I had some really tough lint and that was the only thing that worked. (05/23/2005)

By Annette

Removing Lint from Clothing

Run a disposable razor over the clothes and follow up with the tape ideas (08/15/2006)

By Mary

Removing Lint from Clothing

Try putting a cup of vinegar in the wash load. It has worked for me. (09/24/2006)

By Wendy

Removing Lint from Clothing

Rub a slightly damp cloth one way down the clothing it removes the lint. It has worked for me. (11/13/2006)

By Mandy

Removing Lint from Clothing

A damp sponge gets lint off of any fabric. Just be sure the fabric can tolerate water first. (04/02/2007)

By Jean

Removing Lint from Clothing

Mr. Clean. Is there anything the "Magic Eraser" can't do? The only thing that worked for caked-in fuzz and lint on a 89%acrylic/9%nylon/2%spandex "super soft" sweater was the Magic Eraser. The inside and outside were both solid caked-in, down in the nap of the sweater. I used the all-white Magic Eraser sponge that is "Extra Power" (the box has a hot pink swirl across it). Thank you, Mr. Clean.

Accept no substitutes. Spend the extra change on the name. It works great. (03/17/2008)

By Erica from TX

Removing Lint from Clothing

Take some mini scissors and cut the lint pieces off. Be careful not to cut the garment. (10/31/2008)

By Shanes

Removing Lint from Clothing
laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
lint roller
Removing Lint from Clothing
Sweaters
Removing Lint from Sweaters
🎉
🎄