Removing Mothball Smell From Clothes and Coats

Last night while visiting my sister-in-law in her new home, she asked if I knew of any way to remove the smell of moth balls. Having their clothing packed for a few months, she added moth balls, not thinking of the consequences of that awful smell. She is now desperate to get rid of the odor from their clothing. Any Suggestions?

Lorri from Cumberland, MD

Answers:
-- 10/30/2004
Have you tried Frebreeze? hanging them outside in the rain? taking the to the cleaners? I would try the first two before taking them to the cleaners. I had a comforter once like that. I think I hung it outside through a couple of rains. GL
By seeled (Guest Post)
-- 02/08/2006
try washing with added baking soda and rinsing with added white vingar in the rinse water.
it has always worked for me to use these to remove odors in laundry.
By brenda thompson

Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Cedar Chest
Removing Mothball Odor From a Cedar Chest
Old couch that smells like mothballs.
Removing Mothball Smell from Furniture
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Mothballs
Removing Mothball Smell From Your House
🎉
🎄