Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Nicotine Stains on Clothing

0 0EmailFollow
Ashtray Full of Cigarettes

Nicotine can leave ugly yellow stains on clothing. This is a guide about removing nicotine stains on clothing.

Here are questions related to Removing Nicotine Stains on Clothing.

Question: Removing Nicotine Stains from a Sweater

How do I get 15 years of nicotine out of this sweater? My uncle said my aunt wanted me to have it; she passed away 15 years ago. The sweater has been on the top shelf in a closet in the room where my uncle sat, watched TV, and smoked 4 packs a day. Is there any chance of saving my aunt's sweater?

By Debra

Most Recent Answer

By Judy = Oklahoma [58]11/30/2011

You don't say what it's made of, what color it is, if it's machine washable, hand wash only, or what. So it's hard to know what to tell you.
As long as it's not a delicate hand washable, or something in a bright color that could run, you might be able to soak it in Boraxo & warm (not hot)water to get it clean. I've never had a problem with Boraxo taking colors out, but you have to decide if you want to take that risk.

Question: Removing Nicotine Stains from Clothing

How do you get old nicotine stains out of clothes? I smoke in my house and the nicotine has stained some of my clothes I had hanging in my closet for a long time. So the nicotine stains are probably really set in the fabrics. I wanted to know the best thing to try to get the stains out of whites and colors. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

By Renea A

Most Recent Answer

By Rhoni03/31/2012

I bought towels like that from goodwill. I soaked them in Biz, cold water overnight, and added detergent also. Then washed as usual. Or try rust remover from Rit cold water.

Question: Removing Nicotine Stain from Linen Curtains

I would like some kind of way to remove many years of nicotine stain from linen curtains, please help.

Melissa

Most Recent Answer

By cindie [1]06/22/2004

I have tried Castro heavy duty degreaser. You can find it in a local car parts store.From what I understand nicotine is an oil- grease base. I have washed my husbands work clothes with it many of times. You do not need much of it and do a double rinse. I hope that helps.

Question: Cover a Nicotine Stain on Blouse

I have a white cotton blouse that I tried to get nicotine stains out of. A lot of the stain was removed, but you can still see yellow. Can I dye the blouse black to cover it?

By Michele R

Question: Nicotine Stains on Clothing

How do you remove nicotine stains from clothing?

By IQD2

Question: Removing Nicotine and Smoke Stains from Leather

What kind of cleaning solution or home remedy can I use to remove nicotine and cigarette smoke stains from leather?

By Sharon from Brilliant, AL

Question: Nicotine Stains on Clothing

How do you remove nicotine stains from faux fur white jacket?

Evelyn from Westland, MI

Solutions: Removing Nicotine Stains on Clothing

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!