Removing Permanent Marker from a Wood Door

My two year old colored with permanent marker on the closet door. It is wood with a bad finish. How do i get the marker off?

JOHANNA from O FALLON, IL

Answers:

Try using Old English Furniture Polish for Dark Wood, maybe it will cover up the mark and make the finish look somewhat appealing. (08/22/2006)

By 1bigmama

Try a little WD40, belive me it works wonders, spray a little on a rag then run on the mark. You may have to keep doing this but it will eventually come off. Don't worry about the grease stain it will absorb and you won't notice it. Or use a some Dawn to remove the grease. (08/23/2006)

By MADELINE

Baking Soda Paste: It worked on an antique wood desk of my grandmas - it will dull the finish in that area for a time but it will come back to its original and you'll never know. I got this info when my daughter was 2yr & did this to several items including herself! I called Answer Line run by Iowa State University Extension - they have loads of information. (08/23/2006)

By msnow

Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎉
🎄