Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

0 0EmailFollow
concrete driveway

Tools and other metal objects can leave unsightly rust stains on your concrete driveway, patio, or walkways. This is a guide about removing rust stains from concrete.

Here are questions related to Removing Rust Stains from Concrete.

Question: Removing Rust Stains on Concrete

Anyone have a good solution for cleaning rust stains off of concrete? A car has leaked rust onto our concrete driveway. I tried mixing OxiClean with hot water and pouring it on top but no luck.

By Connie E.

Most Recent Answer

By Lilian Darrow [1]09/29/2011

The best thing I have found for any kind of rust stain is "Whink rust stain remover" I buy it at the ACE hardware stores. So far it has worked on every rust stain we have had on every kind of surface. It even works on clothing. Just squirt it on and you usually can watch it just disappear.fI hope you have good luck with it too!

Question: Removing Rust on Concrete

I have looked and looked for a cleaner that will remove rust from concrete with no luck. Does anyone know of something to clean it off or of another options that will work to get rid of it? I want it to look like before.

By Debi

Most Recent Answer

By Dorina [2]10/19/2011

While I haven't had this experience myself, I would try using a power washer.

Question: Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

How do I get rust stains off of concrete?

By Sandra

Most Recent Answer

By Chuck [17]10/02/2010

Muriatic acid, rubber gloves, and a good stiff brush.

Question: Removing Rust Stains on Driveway and Walls

How do I clean a battery rust stain off a concrete drive?

By Brenda from Springfield, MO

Most Recent Answer

By Toni [3]09/24/2010

Try pouring full strength vinegar onto stain. The longer the stain the longer you leave vinegar on. This works for rust stains left behind by patio furniture on a concrete patio, so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work in your case as well.

Question: Rust Stains on a Cement Bird Bath

Our daughter has a cement bird bath that somehow has rust marks in it. Does anyone know how she can get them out of the bird bath?

Thanks to all.
Karifl from Florida

Most Recent Answer

By Jane (Guest Post)03/07/2007

I use a cap full of bleach in the water and I no longer have that rust.If it does appear, I use a tire brush and it cleans right out. That small amount of bleach does not hurt the birds.

Solutions: Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!