Removing Rust Stains from Concrete

Tools and other metal objects can leave unsightly rust stains on your concrete driveway, patio, or walkways. This is a guide about removing rust stains from concrete.

concrete driveway
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Our daughter has a cement bird bath that somehow has rust marks in it. Does anyone know how she can get them out of the bird bath?

Thanks to all.
Karifl from Florida

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use a cap full of bleach in the water and I no longer have that rust.If it does appear, I use a tire brush and it cleans right out. That small amount of bleach does not hurt the birds.

Read More Answers...

Anyone have a good solution for cleaning rust stains off of concrete? A car has leaked rust onto our concrete driveway. I tried mixing OxiClean with hot water and pouring it on top but no luck.

By Connie E.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The best thing I have found for any kind of rust stain is "Whink rust stain remover" I buy it at the ACE hardware stores. So far it has worked on every rust stain we have had on every kind of surface. It even works on clothing. Just squirt it on and you usually can watch it just disappear.fI hope you have good luck with it too!

I have looked and looked for a cleaner that will remove rust from concrete with no luck. Does anyone know of something to clean it off or of another options that will work to get rid of it? I want it to look like before.

By Debi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

While I haven't had this experience myself, I would try using a power washer.

How do I get rust stains off of concrete?

By Sandra

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Muriatic acid, rubber gloves, and a good stiff brush.

How do I clean a battery rust stain off a concrete drive?

By Brenda from Springfield, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try pouring full strength vinegar onto stain. The longer the stain the longer you leave vinegar on. This works for rust stains left behind by patio furniture on a concrete patio, so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work in your case as well.

Home and Garden Cleaning RustSeptember 21, 2013
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 31, 2016 at 10:57:30 PM on 10.0.2.204 in 597 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.