Removing Rust Stains from Toilets

It is nice to be able to keep your toilet clean and stain free. This guide is about removing rust stains from toilets.

Removing Rust Stains from Toilets
Filter Sort

Question: Toilet Keeps Getting Rust Spots

By metroplex 82 416

In one of my bathrooms I have a commode that gets two rust spots in the same place, all the time, even on the very rare times that I have gotten rid of them. It is a brand new toilet. The really weird thing is that the new toilet gets the rust stains in exactly the same place as the old toilet did. How weird is that?

I've tried a lot of things: CLR, special rust free products, Comet, toilet wands, Greased Lightening. Anyone with a wonderful idea? Thanks so much!

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sherry 2 15 Flag

I have dealt with iron in my water for years and have found that SnoBol brand toilet cleaner will get rust off. The rust will come back though and you will have to clean again. I would not recommend that it be used on chrome fixtures. I will ruin the finish. I hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning Rusty Stains in Toilets

We have purchased an old building that sat empty for a couple years and the pipes are rusty. The toilets have rust in them even though they have been replaced and are used regularly. How do I clean the rust out? CLR doesn't work nor does any toilet bowl cleaners. Thanks.

By Trish

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By gbk 45 368 Flag

I have some rust in my water and I use white vinegar on my shower, shower curtain and my toilet. Just spray on full strength and let sit and it will take a swish with a brush in the toilet but will come clean. the shower I don't do anything with it but shower and before I get out or just after while wet I spray with the white vinegar. Good luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Rust in Toilet Bowl

By sandy 2

How do you get rid of rust in toilet bowl? I've tried bleach cleaners.

By Sandy

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomNovember 25, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:11:55 AM on 10.0.2.99 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings