Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

We bought a truck and the back window is spray painted black from the inside. Help!

Answers:

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Have you tried a straight edge razor blade and scraping it off?

Paint thinner?

I have no experience with either of these ideas. (05/11/2005)

By guest

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

We use a straight edge razor in a holder to scrape off paint from windows in the house. I would think it would be the same in a car. (05/11/2005)

By Sandy

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

After the straight edge razor, try WD40 for the remaining spots of paint. WD40 took shoe polish off my leather boots. (05/11/2005)

By kidseatfree

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

The razor blade works well for the majority of the paint, then use lacquer thinner on a rag to remove the rest. Be careful not to get to much on the plastic or rubber parts as the thinner will dissolve them as well as remove paint. (05/29/2005)

By Forrest

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Actually I own a body shop and this is what you do and it's cheap. Go to the nearest store and by nail polish remover. The acetone will take the paint right off of window. If the paint is heavy then use a straight razor then the acetone. (07/03/2005)

By Bill

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Use oven cleaner and a razor blade. (12/27/2005)

By Marlene

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Someone spray painted the body and window of our new white car last night. We used WD40 on both as soon as we saw it and it came right off. Then took it to the carwash. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions on this site! (08/13/2006)

By Barron

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

A bunch of cars in my area including my roommate's sister's car got spray painted last night. Naturally everyone was upset. I ran out there with a bottle of "Goo Gone" and sprayed it all over the regions that were spray painted. Used some paper towels and it all came right off. Good luck to anyone else in this situation. (12/03/2006)

By John

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Two words: Magic Eraser!

I woke up this morning to find someone had sprayed paint all over my car - body, windows, license plate, etc. After the police arrived and the phone calls to my insurance agent were made, I went outside to my car with a bucket of warm water. I wet the area, wet the Magic Eraser, and did a little rubbing. It worked perfectly! I highly recommend this method should you have the need. It definitely works!

(02/20/2007)

By Stephen D.

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window
Man Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎄
🍂