Removing Paint from Glass

Category Glass
Although paint can adhere to glass surfaces, it can usually be removed easily. Isopropyl alcohol, scrubbing pads and razor blades can all be effective in removing unwanted paint.

I got paint on the rough fogged glass of my bathroom window. Most tip websites suggest using a razor blade, but that is for smooth normal glass. This is bumpy, bubbly fogged glass. The paint is in the grooves of the glass.

I also tried a goo-be-gone liquid on the advice of the guy at the hardware store but that didn't help.

I guess I could use paint remover but I am afraid it will get on and ruin the window frame and force me to repaint.

Christian

Answers

By Michele (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You can use paint remover. Just dip the tip of a rag into the remover and wipe over the window carefully.

Best Answer

try using amonia:)
i know that if you soak cabinet handles that have been painted in amonia the paint comes off. you mav have to apply a few times but keep the glass wet for awhile and you sould be able to get it off useing a scrub brush:) good luck ~patty~

Best Answer

Try using a small paintbrush - like for kids crafts - with paint remover. You could be more precise with where you put the paint remover, and prevent it from getting where you don't want it.

By sandy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try nail polish remover. It would be gentler than paint remover, I think. Use a Q-tip.

By Sandy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try 000 steel wool. Maybe spray with some type of all purpose cleaner first.

By Debbie (Guest Post)
Best Answer

For extra protection, cover the wood to protect it. Tape the edges, and if the tape isn't wide enough, put plastic under the tape.

As soon as you are done, pull up the tape (and plastic) and wipe the area just in case some paint remover seaped through.

Best Answer

There's a product called "Goof Off" made for paint accidents, removes paint, inks, tar, glues from many surfaces. Found in hardware section or home building stores. Many of the other suggestions should work, also. Just work slowly & protect the other surfaces.

By Williuam (Guest Post)
Best Answer

All you need is a rough green pad some water and washing up liquid mix with water and scrub hard will not damage glass but takes a bit of time .

William ] The window cleaner.

I have glass globes for my ceiling fan that have ducks painted on them. I like the globes, just not the ducks. I tried razor blades and polish remover and don't want to scratch the glass. What should I try?

By Nette

Answers

Best Answer

Removing Paint

Step 1
Soak the glass

Step 2
Use the edge of an old credit card to scrape off

Step 3
Use nylon net to get the rest

We bought a truck and the back window is spray painted black from the inside. Help!

Answers:

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Have you tried a straight edge razor blade and scraping it off?

Paint thinner?

I have no experience with either of these ideas. (05/11/2005)

By guest

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

We use a straight edge razor in a holder to scrape off paint from windows in the house. I would think it would be the same in a car. (05/11/2005)

By Sandy

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

After the straight edge razor, try WD40 for the remaining spots of paint. WD40 took shoe polish off my leather boots. (05/11/2005)

By Michael Carter

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

The razor blade works well for the majority of the paint, then use lacquer thinner on a rag to remove the rest. Be careful not to get to much on the plastic or rubber parts as the thinner will dissolve them as well as remove paint. (05/29/2005)

By Forrest

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Actually I own a body shop and this is what you do and it's cheap. Go to the nearest store and by nail polish remover. The acetone will take the paint right off of window. If the paint is heavy then use a straight razor then the acetone. (07/03/2005)

By Bill

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Use oven cleaner and a razor blade. (12/27/2005)

By Marlene

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Someone spray painted the body and window of our new white car last night. We used WD40 on both as soon as we saw it and it came right off. Then took it to the carwash. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions on this site! (08/13/2006)

By Barron

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

A bunch of cars in my area including my roommate's sister's car got spray painted last night. Naturally everyone was upset. I ran out there with a bottle of "Goo Gone" and sprayed it all over the regions that were spray painted. Used some paper towels and it all came right off. Good luck to anyone else in this situation. (12/03/2006)

By John

Removing Spray Paint from Truck Window

Two words: Magic Eraser!

I woke up this morning to find someone had sprayed paint all over my car - body, windows, license plate, etc. After the police arrived and the phone calls to my insurance agent were made, I went outside to my car with a bucket of warm water. I wet the area, wet the Magic Eraser, and did a little rubbing. It worked perfectly! I highly recommend this method should you have the need. It definitely works!

(02/20/2007)

By Stephen D.

Home and Garden Cleaning GlassJuly 15, 2020
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Paint-from-Glass.html