WindowsCleaning

Removing Paint From Rough Fogged Bathroom Window

Category Windows

I got paint on the rough fogged glass of my bathroom window. Most tip websites suggest using a razor blade, but that is for smooth normal glass. This is bumpy, bubbly fogged glass. The paint is in the grooves of the glass.

I also tried a goo-be-gone liquid on the advice of the guy at the hardware store but that didn't help.

I guess I could use paint remover but I am afraid it will get on and ruin the window frame and force me to repaint.

Christian

You can use paint remover. Just dip the tip of a rag into the remover and wipe over the window carefully.

try using amonia:)
i know that if you soak cabinet handles that have been painted in amonia the paint comes off. you mav have to apply a few times but keep the glass wet for awhile and you sould be able to get it off useing a scrub brush:) good luck ~patty~

Try using a small paintbrush - like for kids crafts - with paint remover. You could be more precise with where you put the paint remover, and prevent it from getting where you don't want it.

try nail polish remover. it would be gentler than paint remover i think. use a q tip.

Try 000 steel wool. Maybe spray with some type of all purpose cleaner first.

For extra protection, cover the wood to protect it. Tape the edges, and if the tape isn't wide enough, put plastic under the tape. As soon as you are done, pull up the tape (and plastic) and wipe the area just in case some paint remover seaped through.

There's a product called "Goof Off" made for paint accidents, removes paint, inks, tar, glues from many surfaces. Found in hardware section or home building stores. Many of the other suggestions should work, also. Just work slowly & protect the other surfaces.

All you need is a rough green pad some water and washing up liquid mix with water and scrub hard will not damage glass but takes a bit of time .

William ] The window cleaner.