Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing

Tube of toothpaste.
The white stains left by toothpaste on your clothing are caused by the titanium dioxide powder. This is a guide about removing toothpaste stains from clothing.

How do you remove Crest Tartar toothpaste stains from clothing? I have tried Shout, Goop, and Dawn to no avail. I also tried plain water before I laundered them, but nothing seems to work. Thanks.

Marie from Lawrence, KS

Nobody is replying and this is a simple one! use pure corn starch powder the directions for use is on the box! Buy it in the baking goods. It takes out everything.

Anonymous

Sorry to tell you but Crest Tarter contains phosphate which is a bleaching agent so the fabric color has been lifted out rather than leaving a deposited color stain that would be possible to remove ...

I can't remember if Crest TC was colored, in that case use peroxide, or white, in that case use vinegar. The color is the artificial coloring ingredient, which may be more stubborn, acting as a dye.

Thanks for your suggestions. I think there is a bleaching agent in the toothpaste, although the manufacturere claims there isn't. They told me to use cold water which didn't do anything.

Marie

Lawrence, Kansas

Anonymous

I am sorry the manufacturer fibbed to you, Marie, and indeed they did :-(

http://hpd.nlm.  &id=16003365

http://en.wikip  ki/Pyrophosphate

http://www.chem  rg_inorganic.htm

I am sincerely sorry I didn't add these links when I originally posted on March 2nd because the links would have confirmed what I wrote and saved you a couple weeks of effort :-(

We have all done it and it is most annoying. While brushing your teeth you notice (or watch it fall) a tiny dot that has dripped onto your shirt. I get frustrated cleaning/wiping and blotting it off due to the fact that toothpaste for some reason is flipping hard to remove. Anyone?

By c birdie