Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Removing Wallpaper Glue from Walls

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Removing Wallpaper Glue

When preparing a wall for painting or new wall paper, it's important to have it clean and smooth. This guide is about removing wallpaper glue from walls.

Solutions: Removing Wallpaper Glue from Walls

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Fabric Softener to Remove Wallpaper Glue

To get the rest of the glue off the walls after removing wall paper try saturating wall with cheap liquid fabric softener; the cheaper the better. Let it soak in for at least 1/2 hour than scrape off with plastic spatula. It does the trick very well.

By Sandy from Nova Scotia

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Removing Wallpaper Glue from Walls.

Question: Removing Wallpaper Paste from a Wall

After spending three days using fabric softener, scrapers, vinegar and water to get wallpaper paste off of the dry wall, a lightbulb went off in my head. I got my bottle of Krudkutter and sprayed it on the glue full strength. Lo and behold, it washed right off with a wet washrag. I could have saved myself two whole days.

You can buy it at Lowe's for $12.99 a gallon. I also clean carpets with it, pre-soak my white lace valances in it (takes all of the gold out from the gas furnace), and just finished cleaning the grout in my tile floor with it. Hope I'm smart enough to think of it first the next time I go to do something

By Sally from Zanesville, Ohio

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi09/03/2010

How about vinegar and water? Like half and half. Spray it on and let it set a few minutes. Use an old credit card to scrap away any residue left. Cover up wooden base boards, and floors so they don't get soaked. Good luck.

Question: Removing Wallpaper with Added Glue

I scored the wall paper as usual. Sprayed two sheets with vinegar and warm water. Starting from the top I quickly realized that about an inch from the ceiling there had been a heavy type glue brushed thinly on the wall. The vinyl came off in strips, but the paper backing isn't going to budge. I don't want to spray strong chemicals onto the wall for fear of turning the drywall into a soft mess. Any ideas? I can use help right now. I'm on a time frame of one week. Thanks.

By Norma

Question: Removing Wallpaper Glue Prior to Painting

How do I prepare walls prior to painting, after removing wallpaper?

By Kitty

Question: Removing Glue From Wallpaper

How can I get glue off the front of wallpaper after I take shower out of mobile home?

By Lynn

Question: Removing Wallpaper Glue

I would like to know what to use to get old wallpaper paste off a wall so I can paint and put up new wallpaper border. Thanks.

By Susan from Fort Scott, KS

Most Recent Answer

By Elaine [129]04/23/2011

I have had no problem with this if I use a scratchy pad. You can get them at the dollar store for approximately 5 in a pack. Use warm water with a lot of fabric softener in it. Then rinse with vinegar water.

Question: Removing Wallpaper Glue from Wallpaper

My son has drywall with wall paper on it and whoever put it up got glue on it and it has dried and won't come off. How do we get the glue off the wallpaper? Thanks.

By opalI from Gallipolis, OH

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.01/13/2011

Are you trying to remove wallpaper glue from the front of the wallpaper? Or are you trying to remove the wallpaper from the drywall? Or is this some other kind of glue on the wallpaper? Please clarify, and then you will likely get some advice.

Question: Removing Wallpaper Glue from Raw Plaster Walls

I removed wallpaper from a raw plaster wall. I want to wash the old glue out of the pores of the plaster before I seal, prime, and paint. What solution is best to wash down the walls to ensure the glue is all gone?

By Mary from Norfolk, VA

Most Recent Answer

By Ann Winberg03/03/2010

Not sure why you are worried about getting the glue out of the pores of the plaster your sealer should take care of it. if the glue is rough and you want a smooth finish then it is a problem. Depending on the finish you are looking for, whether smooth or textured would determine your next step. If you are wanting a smooth finish you are going to need to either sand down what you have or apply a thin layer of mud to make a smooth or textured finish. Then seal, prime and paint.