Removing Wax From Washed Clothes

How do you get candle wax (grease stain) out of clothes after they have been washed and dried?

Nikki from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Answers:

Removing Wax From Washed Clothes

I'm not sure about after they have been washed, but I saw on Good Morning America that if you put a paper towel over the wax, and then iron it, it will come right up. (07/22/2008)

Removing Wax From Washed Clothes

If I understand, the wax is off the fabric, but a grease stain remains. This is an old remedy to get grease stains out of fabric after it has been laundered and the grease stain set in. Treat the area with full strength liquid dish soap (the kind you use when you wash dishes by hand). Rub it in really well and rinse it. You may have to repeat this procedure to get the stain out. Good Luck. Mrs Clean (07/23/2008)

By Kat

Removing Wax From Washed Clothes

Ok, so you've washed and dried the fabric and there's still a stain? Non-Acetone Nail polish remover. Fold up paper towels under the stain then, using a cotton ball soaked in the remover, dab around the stain around and around slowly working into the middle of the stain. Then, gently rub in a few drops of dish soap, let sit a few minutes and re-wash.
This SHOULD take care of it.

Take it from me, I use a LOT of candles and it's never failed me yet. (07/23/2008)

By Shosha

Removing Wax From Washed Clothes
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
🎉
🎄