Removing Wonder Under From Clothing

I took off some things I had appliqued to a shirt using Wonder Under. The appliques were old so they just peeled right off. Now, I am having trouble removing what's left of the Wonder Under that is on the shirt. I have tried Goo Gone, but that did not work. Any suggestions?

Pru from Tampa, FL

Removing Wonder Under From Clothing

Set the shirt spot-down on a clean waste cloth (cotton preferably), and iron a little longer than you did to apply the appliques in the first place. Don't overdo it, but get the area nice and hot. Repeat if necessary until the waste cloth has absorbed the excess adhesive.

To prevent lifting in future, be sure to use the minimum time recommended, let cool, and re-iron the spots necessary. Over-ironing weakens the adhesive and makes it run, which is the principle behind removing the adhesive spots. (11/21/2006)

By speedwell

Removing Wonder Under From Clothing
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Vacationing in Orlando, Orlando Cityscape
Orlando, FL Frugal Travel Guide
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing