Using Wonder-Under Fusible Web

Category How To
This is a guide about using Wonder-Under. Wonder-Under is used to stabilize fabric and adhere fabric together. It is important to know how to use it, to achieve the desired results.

Can you apply a 2nd layer of Wonder-Under over the residue of the 1st application? I applied Wonder-Under the first time and something went horribly wrong because the fused together fabrics seized up into large waves. I separated the fabrics successfully, but there is still a bit of Wonder-Under residue left on one of the fabrics. Will it adhere properly, if I apply another layer of Wonder-Under over the old leftover residue?

By Sabrina

Answers

I have used wunder under quite a bit and I believe you should be able to just put it overtop the first one as long as the first layer is still smooth and not bumpy it should work.

Check with where you bought the fabric or call the Pellon (the maker). Their link is www.pellonprojects.com/.../

I remember going buying it a while back and the girl telling me she had bad experiences working with it on the fabric I was buying and actually recommended another option that worked better..sorry I am having a senior moment on the fabric type...but better safe than sorry.

Just to clarify...she said the fabric type I was using would cause that wavy issue you described...which is why I suggest asking since you don't want to have it happen again. As for having to remove and reuse on the same fabric, I never had that experience, but I am sure their customer services could tell you. Hope it works for you!!

I dont see an issue with doing this.