Repairing Clocks

Category Clocks
Clock Repair
Clocks are an essential part of our daily lives. This guide is about repairing clocks.

There are online sources for purchasing the replacement movement for a quartz 85 clock. This is a guide about finding parts for a Quartz 85 anniversary clock.

Anniversary clock.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I was wondering if anyone knows if digital clocks which work but which are missing part of the display can be fixed. I have a microwave which is missing several segments of the LED/LCD display -- so much so that many numbers are hard to read -- and a clock radio which just recently is missing one of its segments.

Laurel from Kokomo, IN

Laurel,

The digital clock on my kitchen stove did the same thing. Since I have a wall clock and the clock on my microwave, I didn't worry about it.

But then a storm knocked my power off for several hours and when it came back on, the clock on my stove was showing all the numbers again.

So, maybe if you unplug your microwave and then plug it back in, it will fix your problem.

Worth a try : )

Hope it works!

my oven clock is also missing the center #. i dont know why but it has been like that pretty much the whole time i have had the stove.

The replacement part can normally be found at the manufacturers website. I fix everything in our home, the biggest problem is tracking down parts and getting them at a reasonable price on the net.

Which way does the + - go?

By Sydney from Victoria AU

The minus always goes with the little spring. You can also sometimes find the "+" and "-" mark at either end. I hope that helps. PBP

Where can I get parts for a Devon 400, quartz wedding anniversary clock? It was purchased around 1985 or so.

By Maxine

There is a website called Klockit.com. They carry various kits and replacement parts for clocks. You can even build your own clock. Hope this helps. Good luck.