Repairing Water Damage in Electronics

Tablet with Water Damage
Cellphones and other electronics occasionally are exposed to water that can damage or destroy them. Sometimes quick action can save your device. This is a guide about repairing water damage in electronics.

If you have ever dropped your cell phone in water, you know how frustrating that can be! Try this tip next time. Put the phone in a ziplock baggie with baking soda. I have never had to try it, but it sounds logical. The soda will suck the water out.

Source: friend

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

I had never been interested in buying a smart phone because they are too expensive and cheaper phones are more durable. I was afraid that I am too clumsy to have such a large and expensive phone.

I have dropped my Nokia 3310 many times, but who cares? The Nokia 3310 is well known to be one of the most durable phones. When it totally died after 8 years, I finally decided to buy a smartphone because of all the features they have. I still was afraid of dropping it on the ground, or even worse, dropping it in water.

My worst fears were realized when I dropped my smartphone in a tub full of water. I was frustrated and sure that there was no hope for my phone. I tried to wipe it with a cloth, but it shut down in a few minutes and wouldn't turn back on.

Just as I was accepting the demise of my phone, I remembered a post I saw online. An iPhone was found by its owner a week after being dropped in the snow. The iPhone was placed in a tub of rice grains overnight and it worked the next day.

So I buried my wet smartphone in a bowl of rice grains overnight. The next day when I tried to turn on my dead phone, it turned on and worked properly again.

If your phone gets submerged in water, remove the parts and take out your sim card. Bury the parts of your phone in rice grains and it will absorb water and may work properly again. I have heard blow drying your wet phone is dangerous. So instead, it's better to use rice grains to try to save your phone.

I washed my cell phone in the washing machine. I got it out , took it all apart, and placed it in a bag of rice. It is working fine now :)

By fancy2253 from Cincinnati, Ohio

This is a guide about saving a cellphone that got wet. There are a few things you can try to save a phone that has been submerged in water.

Smart Phone with large drops of water on and around it

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes