Request Take Out Drinks Without Ice

When you go to the take out, ask for no ice in your drinks. This way, your drinks won't get diluted, and they will taste just as good if you don't drink it all right away.

Source: A&W restaurant, they never add ice.

By Gloria from Moncton, NB Canada

Anonymous

I've done this for as long as I can remember because I can't stand drinking watered down anything plus you get more bang for your buck; i.e. what you paid for instead of ice filler ;-) Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

LOL! That is so funny, I was just thinking this afternoon that maybe I should submit this tip because I was angry over a drink I purchased at Sonic!

I like ice in my drink, I just don't like so much ice that you don't get more than a few swallows! Many places instruct their employees to fill the glasses with ice to save on the amount of actual drink they give you. I often ask for them to only fill the cup halfway with ice.

Just today, I got a 32oz drink from Sonic. It felt like a lot of ice in the cup, so when I got home I scooped the ice out & measured the liquid left in the cup & discovered there was less than 10oz of drink in that 32oz cup!

If I know I'm coming right home after I purchase a drink at a fast food place, I will ask for no ice. Then when I get home I put my own ice in one of my glasses & pour my drink into that. Many times I get 2 glasses of whatever I purchased to drink!

Another trick for take out even if you dine in is to ask for your fries without salt. That way they have to fix you fresh fries and they will be fresh and hot. For me there is nothing worse than luke warm fries or some that have sat under the heat lamp for awhile.

Thanks for this reminder. Hubby and I splurged on takeout tonight, but instead of ordering their drinks, we made an extra stop at the beverage drive-through and bought a six-pack of ginger ale. Six cans of good drink for the price of two watered-down ones!

I have been doing this since I was a teenager. I figured out early on that adding ice was a sneaky way to make a lot of money on a tiny bit of soda, while the ice takes up most of the volume in the glass! I have always specified "No Ice" when ordering in a restaurant or anywhere else. If they bring it with ice, I politely say that I asked for it without ice & they always fix it. The soda is nearly always cold anyway, because most places pump it from chilled machines. They charge way too much for a glass of soda to ever accept one watered down with ice! You can usually buy a 2 liter bottle (or 2 or 3 or 4) for what they charge for a glass in a restaurant, ballpark, theater, etc. It's your hard earned money, so hang on to as much as you can!