Reuse Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets

Reuse Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets
Reuse Healthy Steamer Basket As Mini Colander

I recently bought one of those Healthy Choice Steamers, and because I recycle, cleaned the steamer basket and the bowl it was in. Almost immediately my brain went into overdrive.

I hate using and cleaning a large colander for just one can of olives or corn, etc. So, why not keep one of these in your house. I poured in a can of olives and lifted the basket, to find it worked perfectly!

All the juice went to the bottom (some will stay with the food till you pick it up), and I had a nice little "colander" that rinses clean in a jiffy!

You could also use it for your hook style earrings by hanging it bottom side out on your bathroom wall or unfold a small paperclip to hang necklaces from.

Any other crafty people out there who can think of cool things to use this basket for are welcome to chime in!

By Sandra from Salem OR

Reuse Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets

I had never heard of these Healthy Choice Steamers, until this posting, but you can bet I'll be trying them. Good idea on reusing the little colander. This would be great for a single person living alone or for cans of things like olives and canned corn as you suggested. Thanks for the tip, I especially like the earring idea! (09/30/2008)

By Cyinda

Reuse Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets

I use it to rinse a handful or single serving of fruits or veggies. These little things are great. I find myself not wanting to throw any away. (09/30/2008)

Reuse Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets

I love the Whiskey Steak, and now I have a use for the bowl! Thanks for a great idea! (10/02/2008)

By bailegirl

Reuse Healthy Choice Steamer Baskets

My daughter sometimes will use the steamer basket as a bathtub toy. Using them as a mini colander should have been a no-brainer to me, but that's what y'all are here for! :-) (04/01/2009)

By gapotter

Great ideas! I think these would be fun as sandbox toys, kids might enjoy watching the sand sift through. I was also thinking about using it as a little light defuser, by putting those battery operated "candle lights" in them. Just put the colander part on top of the bowl, bottom up.

Healthy Choice Meal Container
Uses for Healthy Choice Meal Containers
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
paper flower basket
Making May Day Baskets
Antique Steamer Trunk
Determining the Value of an Antique Steamer Trunk
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets