Browsing: Roof Repair Advice

Roof Repair Advice

My roof has had a leak for years. We have patched it and it still leaks. What can I do to fix or find the leak, besides replacing the roof?

By mkm1enonly from Whitesville, WV

Roof Repair Advice

Have you been in the attic while it's raining. If not try it, maybe you can find the leak. You can also patch it with tar, good luck. (09/08/2009)

By kffrmw88

Roof Repair Advice

I heard a repair show one time and it suggested that one person observe where the leak was coming in at and another person go up on the roof and methodically run a water hose on each area of the roof until the first person sees the water leaking. Then you will know where the water is coming in at. (09/08/2009)

By Your friend

Roof Repair Advice

Do you have a chimney? Our roof leaked. Had complete new roof put on. Still had a leak. After calling the roofer back and checking all the new roof work, he suggested the cracks in the chimney may be causing the problem. My son-in-law checked the chimney. Picked up bag of cement and patched the chimney: no more leaks. Just thought I would pass this on. Also, although a leak may show up in one area, it could originate from anywhere. Good luck. (09/11/2009)

By fanceefree

Two men working on a home's roof
Roof Repair Advice
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
Man nailing up new shingles on a roof.
Saving Money on a New Roof
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 29, 2016 at 6:09:24 PM on in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.