Making Rorschach Snowflakes
If you are familiar with the images displayed in a Rorschach test then you can envision these fun to make snowflakes. This is a guide about making Rorschach snowflakes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Growing up, you hear that every snowflake is unique. Whether this is true or not, this craft is perfect for demonstrating that. No matter how many times you do this craft, each flake looks different from the previous one. Kids of all ages have fun creating these symmetric patterns. They are very easy and fun to make. As a bonus, kids will be introduced to a lot of new vocabulary, like symmetrical, Rorshach painting, patterns, unique, etc.
Total Time: 5-10 minutes to make and a couple hours to dry
- blue construction paper
- white poster paint
- paint brush (optional)
- laminator with sheets (optional)
- Cut a circle out of blue construction paper. I chose two different, lighter shades of blue. My circles measure about 8.5 inches in diameter, but at least 6 inches should work well enough.
- Fold the circle in half and unfold it to be able to see the exact middle. Add white paint to one side of the circle. You can use a squeeze type bottle or drop paint onto the paper with a brush. The bottle method usually results in a thicker pattern. You can see that in my main photo compared to step 4, where I used a brush.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Fold the circle again, with the paint inside. Press down all around the paper.
- Open the circle and allow to dry. Laminate if you wish.
January 12, 20171 found this helpful
I started volunteering at a daycare for mentally challenged individuals, doing art projects. This is simple yet charming!
We will be trying it soon and hanging them from the ceiling! Thanks so much!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 22, 2017 at 8:12:44 PM on 10.0.0.146 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us