Crocheted Snowflakes

Category Patterns
If you crochet you can make beautiful crochet snowflakes to use for ornaments, decorations, and in many other crafts. This is a page about crocheted snowflakes.

Another of the original 9 or so I am submitting this week. Again, I used a sisle type yarn for a country effect. You can use a thread crochet pattern and it will come out bigger, but that will be the only difference.

My pattern was just the first 3 rows of a nice little doily I found.
My motto is Keep It Simple Sandi!!

This yarn was thick, but if you want a nice bigger size, you can use a double strand with a size "N" hook.

Chain 6 and join for a circle. Chain 8 (more if you want it bigger), and join in the same circle. Make another four of those.

To make sure your last "loop" is at the top, chain 4 and make a treble crochet (2 times around the hook instead of once for a double), and your loops top will be on top instead of at the bottom with the others.

Chain 4, join the top of the first loop, chain 3 and hook in that same loop, chain 3 again and hook in that loop again. Chain 4 and keep going till you have a "tricot" on the top of each of the 6 loops.
Cut and fasten.

I cool glued rafia bows I had made ahead of time with a button on the bow's center.

You can decorate as you like.

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Snowflake: Makes 3

Using crochet cotton and a size 11 hook chain 4. Join with a slip stitch to form a ring, work 13 double crochet in ring, slip stitch in top of first double crochet. *Chain 3 skip next stitch, slip stitch in next stitch. Repeat from * around the ring. Fasten off. Stiffen if necessary. Add wires for pierced ears and make a chain for the necklace.

By Debra in CO

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

These are some of the snowflakes that I have crocheted recently from patterns I got online.

I will eventually be making some mobiles out of them and give away for gifts.

By Brenda

Crocheted Snowflakes

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Crafts Crochet PatternsOctober 23, 2012
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crocheted-Snowflakes.html