Making a Crochet Bowband for an American Girl Doll
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
March 14, 2016
A fashionable headband that looks like a big bow for dolly. Not only does this keep her hair out of her face, it keeps her looking good!:)
Total Time: approximately 30-45 minutes
- "I" crochet hook
- tiny amount #4 worsted weight yarn
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 8.
- 1 dc in 3rd ch from hook and each until end.
- Ch 2, turn. 1 dc in next stitch and each until end.
- Repeat last step 15 times more.
- Ch 1, fold your strip in half and turn.
- Work 7 sc evenly through both thicknesses. Fasten off.
- Pinch your band tightly in the center.
- With a long length of a coordinating color, tie a tight knot.
- Trim one of your ends.
- Start wrapping your long end around the center.
- You will simply wrap until the center is covered nicely.
- Using your embroidery needle, weave your end through this part. Knot your end close to the work.
- Weave through a couple times more to secure. Trim.
- All set!:)
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.