Rust Spots on a Refrigerator

How do I remove a "rusty" looking stain/mark on the exterior of my refrigerator? It is over an area of approximately 6 inches by 2 inches and is made up of little spots and splotches. I have tried various over the counter cleaners, some help, but the stain comes back. Any suggestions?

By LyndaR from Newcastle NSW Australia

Answers:

Rust Spots on a Refrigerator

Here are some helpful websites that may answer your question:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=removing+rust+spots+from+a+refrigeratorandei=UTF-8andfr=hp-pvnb

(04/06/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Rust Spots on a Refrigerator

If it looks like rust, it probably is, in which case, you can't remove it with cleaners. If it is a painted surface, you should be able to remove the rust and then paint over it with paint intended for this job. If it is a vinyl surface, I have no idea what to do, except put a picture over it that your kids have drawn. (04/07/2009)

By louel53

Rust Spots on a Refrigerator

I had same problem. I used "Barkeepers Friend" to remove spots brown in colour. Not sure what they were, but they kept coming back. Finally when I removed them with the cleaner, I followed up by using a polishing product called Countertop Magic. It has been 2 months since I tried this and no more spots. Hope this helps. Cleaner was bought in USA, polisher in Canada. (04/08/2009)

By padufresne

Rust Spots on a Refrigerator
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎉
🎄