Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

I was wanting to know how do you remove rust from a porcelain kitchen sink? Mr. Clean Eraser doesn't work neither does a Brillo pad. So I need some help with this problem.

Thanks for any help you can give me I appreciate it. Have a wonderful day.

Teresa from Richlands, VA

Answers:

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

I had the same problem and no chemical would work. My last option was to try a pumice stone. I could not believe how easily it worked! It just erased the rust stain. Too easy! (09/28/2007)

By Kristal

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

Try some powdered Comet with bleach, on a sponge that should do the trick. (09/28/2007)

By purrplekat

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

There's a product you can buy. Hopefully in your area. It's called Wink. It comes in a brown bottle. It's a liquid and it works awesomely on getting rust out of anything from cloths to sinks, toilets, and showers. It's great and I've never had it hurt anything. Try looking for it in a hardware store. (09/30/2007)

By Amy

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

For badwater -
In my experience I've only seen rust stains in a sink because of continuous dripping from a leaky faucet. If it's what you think it is then tell everyone to rinse the sink when they're done. (11/12/2007)

By dusti07

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

Try "Bar Keepers Friend" it is a scouring powder that took all the marks and stains off of my porcelain sink. We bought it at Ace hardware I think you can get it at Home Depot, too. (12/17/2007)

By Christine

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

Try Sno-bowl. It is a blue liquid made for removing rust stains on toilet rims. The ring of rust (left in my white porcelain sink after my husband left a rusty pan lid over night) was gone in minutes. (01/27/2008)

By LMB TL WI

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

The easiest way to get it out is to pour salt in a pile over the spot and then squeeze lemon juice over the salt making it wet, but not runny. Let it sit overnight and then wipe it away. The acidity in the combination pulls the rust stain right out of the porcelain and into the salt mixture with no chemicals or mess left over. This works wonders, I use it in my sink quite often. (02/10/2008)

By Mel

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

I left a razor in the wet sink for 2 days.
Never-Dull metal polish and cleaner worked in 5 seconds.
The Clorox pen did not work after 3 treatments. Magic Eraser did not work.
CLR showed some improvement after 3 treatments and one bottle.
(02/19/2008)

By Christina

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

I tried most of these suggestions without success. I then tried Finesse-It 2, made by 3M, an automobile detail compound. It is expensive, but used with a soft Brite pad, the rust was gone in 5 minutes. My wife is upset with me because she had worked so hard to get rid of it. Use it dry. (07/04/2008)

By Bob

Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

I came here and the toothpaste and baking soda worked great! It only took a minute. My wife was pleasantly surprised. (09/17/2009)

By shadows865

An old and rusty porcelain sink.
Cleaning a Rust Stain on a Porcelain Sink
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄