Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Saving Money as a Senior Citizen

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Senior Woman eating lunch after shopping

Many senior citizens live on fixed incomes making it hard to deal with continual cost escalation. This is a guide about saving money as a senior citizen.

Solutions: Saving Money as a Senior Citizen

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Link: List of Senior Discounts

I think that there are enough seniors on Thriftyfun to make use of the following list of discounts you could receive.

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

Tip: Savings for Senior Citizens

Did you know that many fast food places, restaurants, and other retail outlets offer a senior discount? Most restaurants that I go to give a 10% discount, and many of the fast food chains will either give you at least a 10% cash discount or a free drink with no minimum purchase. All you have to do is just ask, and 99% of the time you will get it!

By Las Vegas Angel

Tip: Check for Senior Discounts

Wherever you go ask if they have a senior citizen discount.
If you are a senior be sure to get the discount.

By Susan

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Saving Money as a Senior Citizen.

Question: Cheap Cell Phone Service for Senior Citizens

Can anyone recommend a cheap cellphone service for the elderly?

By bigrex2012 from Chandler, AZ

Most Recent Answer

By likekinds [44]08/12/2013

Safelink also offers 250 free minutes per month to those who qualify. If you draw SS benefits, more than likely you qualify.

Question: Finding Stores That Offer Senior Citizen Discounts

Do Best Buy stores give senior citizen discounts?

By DG

Most Recent Answer

By Kathy [53]11/15/2011

You could probably actually call them and ask.

Question: Senior Discount at McDonald's

Does McDonald's offer a discount for seniors?

By johnlarn44 from Medway, MA

Most Recent Answer

By Jpilot01/25/2011

D'Angelo sub shops give full 10% off everything. Wendy's also.
I just avoid McDonald's, their attitude rubs me wrong.

Question: Where Do You Get Senior Discounts?

I was surprised to learn of some business's that give senior citizens discounts. Quite often, all you need to do is ask. I only know of a couple though, does anyone want to share with me where they usually get senior citizens discounts? The pharmacy I go to is one I know of, and a grocery store gives seniors a discount on tuesdays, where i live (10%). There are probably a lot more. I even heard of a fast food chain that does, but I haven't checked it out to know for sure. Thanks for all replies!

P.J. from delaware

Most Recent Answer

By dl27402/05/2011

The Pizza Hut in Palm Harbor FL., has a "30% off menu senior discount". You have to ask for it. I don't know if it's available at all Pizza Hut restaurants, but it's a large discount and worth asking for. Good on delivery orders too. McDonald's used to have a widely available "senior Coke" discount. Small Coke for about 30 cents and free refills I think. Haven't used it in a while and don't know if it's still around.