Saving Money as a Senior Citizen

Many senior citizens live on fixed incomes making it hard to deal with continual cost escalation. This is a guide about saving money as a senior citizen.

Senior Woman eating lunch after shopping
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I think that there are enough seniors on Thriftyfun to make use of the following list of discounts you could receive.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I was surprised to learn of some business's that give senior citizens discounts. Quite often, all you need to do is ask. I only know of a couple though, does anyone want to share with me where they usually get senior citizens discounts? The pharmacy I go to is one I know of, and a grocery store gives seniors a discount on tuesdays, where i live (10%). There are probably a lot more. I even heard of a fast food chain that does, but I haven't checked it out to know for sure. Thanks for all replies!

P.J. from delaware

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The Pizza Hut in Palm Harbor FL., has a "30% off menu senior discount". You have to ask for it. I don't know if it's available at all Pizza Hut restaurants, but it's a large discount and worth asking for. Good on delivery orders too. McDonald's used to have a widely available "senior Coke" discount. Small Coke for about 30 cents and free refills I think. Haven't used it in a while and don't know if it's still around.

Read More Answers...

Does McDonald's offer a discount for seniors?

By johnlarn44 from Medway, MA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

D'Angelo sub shops give full 10% off everything. Wendy's also.

I just avoid McDonald's, their attitude rubs me wrong.

Read More Answers...

Did you know that many fast food places, restaurants, and other retail outlets offer a senior discount? Most restaurants that I go to give a 10% discount, and many of the fast food chains will either give you at least a 10% cash discount or a free drink with no minimum purchase. All you have to do is just ask, and 99% of the time you will get it!

By Las Vegas Angel

Can anyone recommend a cheap cellphone service for the elderly?

By bigrex2012 from Chandler, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Safelink also offers 250 free minutes per month to those who qualify. If you draw SS benefits, more than likely you qualify.

Read More Answers...

Do Best Buy stores give senior citizen discounts?

By DG

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could probably actually call them and ask.

Read More Answers...

Wherever you go ask if they have a senior citizen discount.
If you are a senior be sure to get the discount.

By Susan

Budget & Finance AdviceAugust 6, 2013
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
Senior Citizens
Name Ideas for a Senior Citizen Group
Wii console and controllers
Saving Money on a Wii
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 1:13:10 PM on 10.0.0.147 in 477 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.