Saving Money on Shampoo

For the cleanest, softest, fluffiest hair imaginable for literally pennies, save your old shampoo bottle. When you buy more, pour half of it into the old bottle and fill each bottle the rest of the way with a half and half solution of vinegar and water. The lather will be the richest ever, and your hair will squeak. It lifts the oils off your scalp so your hair stays clean looking longer and it rinses clean.There is no need to use creme rinse or conditioner, either. I use plain old Suave shampoo, about a dollar a bottle, and it makes my hair look and feel better than any expensive shampoo I have ever tried. The vinegar smell does not linger - try it!

By dollyslaffn from Darien, GA

Answers:

Saving Money on Shampoo

Wish I had read this before I washed my hair! Great hint and thanks for sharing.

(12/06/2010)

By JoanDogs

Saving Money on Shampoo

Look forward to trying this. Thank you. (12/06/2010)

By luckydawn

Saving Money on Shampoo

What type of vinegar do you use? Just plain white vinegar? (12/07/2010)

By Ladybug38

Saving Money on Shampoo

Just a thought here. If you color your hair, the vinegar may strip off the color, so be cautious. (12/07/2010)

By cett

Saving Money on Shampoo

I do color my hair, and have never noticed any difference. Yes, plain white vinegar works fine! (12/07/2010)

By dollyslaffn

Saving Money on Shampoo

What a great idea! Do you think this would work with fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar? We have lots of lemons. (01/13/2011)

By leanne87

Shampoo Bottle
Saving Money on Shampoo
Pouring Shampoo
Uses for Shampoo
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
A dog after a bath.
Homemade Dog Shampoo Recipes
A man applying coal tar shampoo.
Using Coal Tar Shampoo
🎉
🎄