Scratches on CDs and DVDs

How do I remove scratches from CDs?

Paul from Vincennes, IN

Answers:

Scratches on CDs and DVDs

I have had luck with liquid car wax (I used Turtle Wax). Spread a thin layer on surface with a soft cloth, then remove by wiping from center to outer edge. We restored my son's favorite movie on DVD after he put a huge scratch in it. The scratch is still visible, but the movie doesn't get stuck or skip anymore. (10/16/2007)

By BoilerUpHeather

Scratches on CDs and DVDs

Beware: When you are cleaning your CDs or DVDs never rub around like you would with a record album. To clean a CD or DVD, go in a straight line from the hole in the middle to the outside edge. Repeat this action until you have cleaned the whole item. (10/17/2007)

By nancycorinne

Scratches on CDs and DVDs

I work at a PC repair shop, and we use the car wax method. Sometimes if the scratches are too deep, nothing works. (10/30/2007)

By AML

Scratches on CDs and DVDs

Tried the above suggestion on using gel toothpaste. I had a program CD and was unable to load the program because of several scratches. Tried the gel toothpaste rubbed it lightly and used a soft damp cloth to clean it off. Program loaded and I was able to use it. Thanks for the suggestion and the money I just saved not having to re-purchase the program. (10/29/2008)

By Al H

Scratches on CDs and DVDs
Storing CDs
Storing CDs and DVDs
A pile of DVD cases.
Organizing DVDs
Hand with rubber glove holding a DVD
Cleaning CDs and DVDs
Uses for CDs
Uses for CDs
🎄