Scroll Saw Craft Ideas

If you have a jig saw or scrolling saw then you can make some very beautiful crafts to give as gifts or use as decorations around your home. This is a guide about scroll saw craft ideas.

December 31, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a "Honey Do" hammer. This woodworking project creates the perfect gift for Father's Day or dad's birthday.

wooden cutout of a hammer with a clothespin to hold a list of "to do projects"

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 31, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making trees using a scroll saw. A scroll saw allows you to cut intricate curves in wood more delicately than using a power jigsaw. It is the perfect tool for making decorative wooden trees.

Painted trees standing in corner.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 18, 2011 Flag

I have found a great new hobby, it is called photo cutouts. I have had a pile of pieces of acrylic taking up room in my garage. So the other day while I was moving the pile once again, I asked myself, "What can I do this stuff?". Then it hit me, I remembered a long time ago there was a store that sold photo cutouts, that is where you take a photograph glue in onto the plastic then cut out the main subject with a scroll saw.

Well I took it one step further I printed two copies of the same photograph. One on just regular paper, the other on glossy paper, I glued the plain paper photograph onto a blank piece of wood, which I found at a garage sale for $.50. Then I cut out the photograph on the glossy paper and glued it to the one on the wood blank, and presto I have pop out photograph which looks 3D.

Hope you enjoy. Oh by the way, the pitcher in the photograph is my grandson Brady McCoy from Sedan, Kansas.

By John from Haysville, KS

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

Harlean Greathouse0 found this helpful
August 7, 2008 Flag
This little wooden bear has a magnet to be used for displaying a child's drawings. Made of wood, but this pattern could also be used with craft foam.

Tools and Materials:

• scroll saw
  • black Sharpie
  • acrylic paints: red, white, and brown
  • scrap of ribbon
  • round craft magnet

Directions:

1. Trace pattern onto light cardboard, transfer to 1/4 inch plywood and cut with scroll saw.
  2. Dilute brown paint: 1 part paint to 4 parts water. Dip bear into paint covering all sides. Let excess drain and wipe gently with a soft cloth.
  3. Using the picture at the top of this page as a guide, draw the features with the black Sharpie. Use the Sharpie also to personalize with "See what ______ Did" or "See What ___ Made".

4. Glue a round craft magnet to the center back of the bear, and glue a small bow to the ear.
  5. Use the red paint for the mouth and the white for the dot in the eye.

Use it to hold the child's artwork on the refrigerator. This is a craft that a child can help make.

An adult should cut the bear from the wood. Note: If you don't have a scroll saw, you could make this with a piece of art foam instead.

Use a toothpick dipped in the white paint to put the dot in the eyes.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

The instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader

Click Here to download the Teddy Magnet for Fridge Instructions in PDF format.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

May 4, 2010 Flag

This duck is sure to delight the little ones. It is a wood project, and does require either a scroll saw or a jig saw, but the smiles of those little ones is a great reward in return for time spent on the project.

A yellow duck push toy made out of wood.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
person using a handsaw
Using a Hand Saw
Making a 'Honey Do' Hammer
A man using a circular saw.
Using a Circular Saw
Painted trees standing in corner.
Making Trees Using a Scroll Saw
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:20:00 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.