Scroll Saw Craft Ideas

If you have a jig saw or scrolling saw then you can make some very beautiful crafts to give as gifts or use as decorations around your home. This is a guide about scroll saw craft ideas.

December 31, 2016 Flag

wooden cutout of a hammer with a clothespin to hold a list of "to do projects"

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a "Honey Do" hammer. This woodworking project creates the perfect gift for Father's Day or dad's birthday.

December 31, 2016 Flag

Painted trees standing in corner.

This is a guide about making trees using a scroll saw. A scroll saw allows you to cut intricate curves in wood more delicately than using a power jigsaw. It is the perfect tool for making decorative wooden trees.

October 18, 2011 Flag

I have found a great new hobby, it is called photo cutouts. I have had a pile of pieces of acrylic taking up room in my garage. So the other day while I was moving the pile once again, I asked myself, "What can I do this stuff?". Then it hit me, I remembered a long time ago there was a store that sold photo cutouts, that is where you take a photograph glue in onto the plastic then cut out the main subject with a scroll saw.

Well I took it one step further I printed two copies of the same photograph. One on just regular paper, the other on glossy paper, I glued the plain paper photograph onto a blank piece of wood, which I found at a garage sale for $.50. Then I cut out the photograph on the glossy paper and glued it to the one on the wood blank, and presto I have pop out photograph which looks 3D.

Hope you enjoy. Oh by the way, the pitcher in the photograph is my grandson Brady McCoy from Sedan, Kansas.

By John from Haysville, KS

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Nice work!

Harlean Greathouse0 found this helpful
August 7, 2008 Flag

Finished magnet.

This little wooden bear has a magnet to be used for displaying a child's drawings. Made of wood, but this pattern could also be used with craft foam.

May 4, 2010 Flag

A yellow duck push toy made out of wood.

This duck is sure to delight the little ones. It is a wood project, and does require either a scroll saw or a jig saw, but the smiles of those little ones is a great reward in return for time spent on the project.

person using a handsaw
Using a Hand Saw
Making a 'Honey Do' Hammer
A man using a circular saw.
Using a Circular Saw
Painted trees standing in corner.
Making Trees Using a Scroll Saw
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 9:35:04 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.