Making Trees Using a Scroll Saw
A scroll saw allows you to cut intricate curves in wood more delicately than using a power jigsaw. It is the perfect tool for making decorative wooden trees. This is a page about making trees using a scroll saw
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These are scroll sawed trees with real bark.
Approximate Time: 4 - 5 hours
- 8 ft. by 1/2 in. board
- scroll saw
- acrylic light green paint
- dark green spray paint
- 1 dowel 1/4 inch
- real tree bark
- wood glue
- tree branch 3 -4 inch diameter by 4 inch high
- sand paper
- drill bit size of dowel and drill
- Cut tree shapes to your height and own pattern.
- Sand the rough edges.
- Drill a hole for the dowel in both the tree shape and the log.
- Put glue in holes and add dowel.
- Paint the light color on each tree.
- Stand up the trees and spray paint (outside) the edges and outer part of tree leaving the lighter color inside.
- Find bark from an old branch or purchase from a craft store. Glue on bark. The bark is glued around a cylinder of wood (branch).
- Stand and enjoy.
By lnygaard from Billings, MT
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.