Sealing Grout

I never sealed the grout after putting in ceramic tile in my kitchen. Is it too late? What's the best way to clean it first?

Annie from Columbus, OH

Answers:

Sealing Grout

I didn't either but I just found out about a spray sealer that Lowe's sells, not cheap but several people have told me it really works! (10/24/2006)

By LJ

Sealing Grout

Well, my advice is to check out what tile installers say and local tile stores. I worked for a tile company a few years back and they thought it was the worse thing possible to seal your grout. You have to do it every year there after. They also said you should only clean your tile with hot water and vinegar. I would check into it further before doing this. I of course do not have any tile in my home. So I can't say from personal experience.
(10/25/2006)

By caraing

Sealing Grout

We bought the spray sealer at Lowe's but returned it because it has so many warnings on it. I just figured it wasn't good to use around children. We bought some other stuff that you brush on but can't say it worked very well :-( All our grout on the new kitchen/eating area floor that is in areas with more traffic or near the table has already gotten discolored in less than a year. I like my tile otherwise and I'm still glad I replaced the old vinyl floor with tile, but can't say I'm fond of cleaning grout. We have tile in other parts of our home that is 19 years old and the grout was never sealed and it took quite a while to get dirty. (10/26/2006)

By Debbie52

Sealing Grout
Sealing a Painted Deck
Sealing a Painted Deck
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎉
🎄