Selecting The Right Wood for Stairs

Choosing a the best species of wood for your stairs will depend on factors such as usage or other woods used in the home. This is a guide about selecting the right wood for stairs.

beautiful wood stairs

I'm trying to pick out the right wood for a staircase. I have already stained the floor, southern yellow pine, to a dark coffee color. The problem I'm having is identifying the species of wood that would be the best match for the hand rail and newel posts. I can only pick from maple, oak, and popular.

By Ron from Geneseo, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Oak will have too strong a grain pattern. Pick the one that matches the texture of your pine, you can customize stain easily.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Home Improvement Building MaterialsFebruary 13, 2013
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
real estate agent
Selecting a Real Estate Agent
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 4:58:28 PM on 10.0.2.27 in 553 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.