Insulating Hideaway Stairs

To help with heating and cooling our house, we insulated over our hideaway attic stairs by making a box type frame out of Styrofoam insulation to fit over the stairs opening. To make it sturdy, we doubled the thickness of the one-half inch insulation by sandwiching the pieces together. After getting the pieces cut out, we used duct tape to put it all together.

When I want to go up into the attic, I just turn it over on the side out of the way. We did this during the winter months and immediately could tell a difference in our heating and I do believe it is going to make a big difference in cooling our house this summer as well.

By Betty

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Home Improvement InsulationFebruary 7, 2018
🍂
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf77778493.tip.html