Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Selling Pop Tabs

Aluminum pop tabs may have some monetary value if you find a crafter or recycling center that will buy them. This is a guide about selling pop tabs.

First problem I saw with all you collectors who would like to sell tabs is you keep putting them in milk jugs, 2 liter bottles, etc. STOP THAT! The proper way to store pull tabs is in zip locks, or boxes if you're into larger amounts. I have sold over 40 million of them to support my 3 charities.

Those who oversee larger collection drives do not have the time to shake 3,000 tabs out of a milk jug, and insurance companies may not want them using knives to cut them open. And the scrap yard is just going to turn you away. Recycle the milk jug instead.

Now, selling tabs, E-bay is where the market is, but you got to play by the buyers' rules. Take your tabs, sort them by type, and color. Remove the damaged tabs, now remove the tabs that are not aluminium (use a magnet if you're not sure). Next, it's needle-nose pliers time. Remove that annoying curly thing, it takes up 36% of the space due to the coat-hanger effect, and accounts for 4.4% of your shipping costs.

Count your tabs into 1,000 count baggies. This bag, which containes 26 cents worth of scrap aluminium, is now worth $4 to the person who needs them for arts and crafts. Colored tabs $20 per 1,000, MONSTER tabs $50 per 1,000. In every case, the buyer pays shipping.

Now, as for the curly things, they are also scrap aluminium. Dump them in the bag or box which has the damaged tabs and drop them off at McDonalds. These tabs will be recycled to allow families to remain near their hospitalized children, and you're making 15 times scrap for the tabs you sell.

Its a great idea.. A few years ago when a local high school started collecting for Cancer Patients My entire family began and when the school stopped we still collect.. Needless to say they have accumulated to about ten jugs never thought to sale them though!!

How much will I get with a 2 litre container filled with can tabs? Where can I exchange them for money in Johannesburg, South Africa?

By Refeletse

Answer Was this helpful? 4

Hi, I have quite a collection of beer and soda pop tabs to sell.u still buying?

I live in east Los Angeles, California. My husband, for quite some time now, has been saving the soda tabs because he found out they are worth money. Where can I exchange them for cash?

where n Las Vegas NV and how much do they buy it off of u cuz I have a pickle jar full

Where in Interlachen, Florida can I sell my pop tabs?

How do i find out where in ny area i can sell them i live in New York NY?

July 12, 2013 Flag

I want sell my Coke can tabs? I have six bottles of two liters tabs.

Godi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I agree with the previous poster. I think you should donate them to a charity. I don't believe you can sell them; charities collect vast quantities, and sell them to recyclers. And by vast quantities, I mean hundreds of pounds.

Where in southern California, Riverside county can I cash in tabs?

By Janis T.

How much your Friend get for 1000coke tabs ,1000 that. are aluminium & 1000 beer tabs

I am in East London. I collected about 7 bottles of pop tabs and now I don't know where to sell them.

By Vero M from East London

I have not counted or officially weighed my tabs but I have around 60 lbs I'll get back to you with exact lbs if you are interested in buying them.

January 9, 2016 Flag

How can I sell my aluminum can tabs? I have over 5000 tabs.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check your local yellow pages for businesses who buy scrap metal. Just look up Scrap metal or Recycling centers and they will tell you how much they pay and what you will need to have to sell them. Some places need a permit and a photo ID, depending on the laws of your state.

January 19, 2015 Flag

I have an unknown number of cans, and I would like to know is it worth the trouble of removing the tabs and selling them separately, and where in Lake City, Florida? Would I sell them for top dollar, if they're worth more than just scrapping the whole cans?

By Danielle D.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi, Danielle.

I buy them for half-a-penny a piece (i.e., $5 for 1,000) for making craft projects. I can't imagine you want to ship them all the way to Canada, but let me know if you do (words work AT telus.net) and we'll see what we can arrange. Alternatively, why not either use them yourself and find local crafters who'll buy them from you?

Cheers,

Rose Anne

August 29, 2015 Flag

Where in New Mexico can I sell my Coke can tabs?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Last I read a year or so ago, the tabs were selling for $5-$6 per 1000. You can try EBay, your local recyclers, or crafts stores. Seems like alot of work for too little return.

January 2, 2014 Flag

Where can I sell can tops in Orlando, Florida beside a recycling center? Do hospitals buy them?

By Grace

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can sell them on Ebay. People buy them to make certain crafts. Just do a search so you can see the average asking price.

Where can I sell pop tabs in Limpopo? How much can I get for almost eight liters?

By B . Siziba from Thabazimbi, Limpopo

Well... Hi from Florida, USA! I have no idea where in this world you live (but I will look it up!) so I am sure that I cannot help you. What I can say is that if you are buying all these sodas you may be better off saving some of that money instead of trying to sell the tabs. Just a thought...

Good luck with your "sale" as tabs are not usually worth much in the USA.

In fact, most are donated to a "good" cause/charity to help someone in need.

March 27, 2014 Flag

Where can I sell the pop can because the collection is now to much for me.

By Wellman from JHB Berea

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have only ever heard of charitable organizations selling these. Perhaps you sell them to a metal recycling place. I don't think there is much money to be made in this. Try google.

January 27, 2014 Flag

I live in Cape Town and I'd like to know where exactly can I take my metal pop tabs for sale?

By X Rumbu from Cape Town, SA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You may want to look into listing it on the website www.etsy.com . It is a website dedicated to crafters.

January 14, 2014 Flag

Where in Albuquerque New Mexico can I sell my soda/beer tabs?

By dra

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check on earth911. com. You can just put in your city and it will give you information for recycling in your community.

September 19, 2013 Flag

I have a two litter bottle full of can tab lifters. How much can I get for them?

By Miss bee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I want to sell my pull tabs.

August 11, 2013 Flag

I have bulk pop tabs but I don't know how I can sell them. I am in Johannesburg South Africa.

By Daphne B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I know it used to be stylish to make soda pop tab bracelets. You could try selling the tabs themselves online, or you could make them into bracelets or necklaces, etc. and sell the finished product. Just a thought.

August 1, 2013 Flag

Where can I sell can pull tabs?

By spokes h from Johannesburg, SA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can sell them at a place that recycles scrap metal, if there is such a dealer in your area. Their value is for the scrap aluminum that they are made of. It is hardly worth the effort. I believe some charities collect them, and then manage to make some money out of it. You would be far better off collecting the whole can for recycling.

June 28, 2013 Flag

I have a whole milk gallon jug, filled with soda tabs and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could recycle them for cash? I'm from Anaheim, California.

By Jesus A.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sell them on Ebay, you'll make more than selling them to a recycling center, people use them to make bags and belts.

June 14, 2013 Flag

I have pop can tabs, like over 3,000, and am looking to sell them to some one in Ontario.

By Fabian M

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you can ship to Manitoba, I'll pay you $5 for them.

January 17, 2014 Flag

Where can I sell Coke tabs in Phalaborwa or Tzaneen in Limpopo?

By Leon N.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I buy beer and pop can tabs and will pay half a penny a piece (i.e., 1,000 tabs = $5). Ship them (at your expense by the least costly method) to me. For more information and shipping address, contact wordswork@telus.net.

Load More
Woman Recycling Aluminum Cans
Recycling Aluminum
Better Living Green Living Recycling MetalMay 29, 2013
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Rainbow Bracelet
Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 1:21:48 PM on 10.0.2.183 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.