Selling Pop Tabs

Category Metal
Pop Tabs
Aluminum pop tabs may have some monetary value if you find a crafter or recycling center that will buy them. This is a guide about selling pop tabs.

First problem I saw with all you collectors who would like to sell tabs is you keep putting them in milk jugs, 2 liter bottles, etc. STOP THAT! The proper way to store pull tabs is in zip locks, or boxes if you're into larger amounts. I have sold over 40 million of them to support my 3 charities.

Those who oversee larger collection drives do not have the time to shake 3,000 tabs out of a milk jug, and insurance companies may not want them using knives to cut them open. And the scrap yard is just going to turn you away. Recycle the milk jug instead.

Now, selling tabs, E-bay is where the market is, but you got to play by the buyers' rules. Take your tabs, sort them by type, and color. Remove the damaged tabs, now remove the tabs that are not aluminium (use a magnet if you're not sure). Next, it's needle-nose pliers time. Remove that annoying curly thing, it takes up 36% of the space due to the coat-hanger effect, and accounts for 4.4% of your shipping costs.

Count your tabs into 1,000 count baggies. This bag, which containes 26 cents worth of scrap aluminium, is now worth $4 to the person who needs them for arts and crafts. Colored tabs $20 per 1,000, MONSTER tabs $50 per 1,000. In every case, the buyer pays shipping.

Now, as for the curly things, they are also scrap aluminium. Dump them in the bag or box which has the damaged tabs and drop them off at McDonalds. These tabs will be recycled to allow families to remain near their hospitalized children, and you're making 15 times scrap for the tabs you sell.

Read 7 Comments

Unless you have thousands of them, can tabs have very little value. If you have enough tabs they can be sold by weight for their value as aluminum. This is a guide about price for recycling can tabs.

A pile of pop can tabs.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

How much will I get with a 2 litre container filled with can tabs? Where can I exchange them for money in Johannesburg, South Africa?

By Refeletse

Answer Was this helpful? 5

Donate to ronald mcdonald house

I live in east Los Angeles, California. My husband, for quite some time now, has been saving the soda tabs because he found out they are worth money. Where can I exchange them for cash?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Where can I buy pop can tabs?

I want sell my Coke can tabs? I have six bottles of two liters tabs.

Godi

Answer Was this helpful? 1

It's worth checking on eBay.com to see if there is a market for selling them to people making recycled crafts.

I am in East London. I collected about 7 bottles of pop tabs and now I don't know where to sell them.

By Vero M from East London

ebay

Where in Interlachen, Florida can I sell my pop tabs?

I buy the tabs for $1.00 per hundred and I'm in Leesburg, fl

I have an unknown number of cans, and I would like to know is it worth the trouble of removing the tabs and selling them separately, and where in Lake City, Florida? Would I sell them for top dollar, if they're worth more than just scrapping the whole cans?

By Danielle D.

I have about 15 lbs of beer and pop tabs,any body interested, I live in Wisconsin

Where in southern California, Riverside county can I cash in tabs?

By Janis T.

What's the name of the recycling center and how much did they pay you for the tabs? I work in Montclair off of Holt & Indian Hill.. Thanks!

Where can I sell can tops in Orlando, Florida beside a recycling center? Do hospitals buy them?

By Grace

I buy beer and pop can tabs and will pay half a penny a piece (i.e., 1,000 tabs = $5). Ship them (at your expense by the least costly method) to me. For more information and shipping address, contact wordswork@telus.net.

Where can I sell pop tabs in Limpopo? How much can I get for almost eight liters?

By B . Siziba from Thabazimbi, Limpopo

Hi... My aren't you a smart one?

Where can I sell the pop can because the collection is now to much for me.

By Wellman from JHB Berea

You can get the recycling value from the aluminum at any metal recycler. It won't be more than just recycling the whole can though. As for selling just the tabs, sometimes people want them on eBay for crafting purposes.

I live in Cape Town and I'd like to know where exactly can I take my metal pop tabs for sale?

By X Rumbu from Cape Town, SA

Where in Albuquerque New Mexico can I sell my soda/beer tabs?

By dra

I buy beer and pop can tabs and will pay half a penny a piece (i.e., 1,000 tabs = $5). Ship them (at your expense by the least costly method) to me. For more information and shipping address, contact wordswork at telus.net.

I have a two litter bottle full of can tab lifters. How much can I get for them?

By Miss bee

I have bulk pop tabs but I don't know how I can sell them. I am in Johannesburg South Africa.

By Daphne B

Where can I sell can pull tabs?

By spokes h from Johannesburg, SA

I have a whole milk gallon jug, filled with soda tabs and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could recycle them for cash? I'm from Anaheim, California.

By Jesus A.

I have pop can tabs, like over 3,000, and am looking to sell them to some one in Ontario.

By Fabian M

Where can I change the pop tabs for money?

By Jailene from Miami, FL

How can I sell my aluminum can tabs? I have over 5000 tabs.

Check your local yellow pages for businesses who buy scrap metal. Just look up Scrap metal or Recycling centers and they will tell you how much they pay and what you will need to have to sell them. Some places need a permit and a photo ID, depending on the laws of your state.

Where in New Mexico can I sell my Coke can tabs?

Last I read a year or so ago, the tabs were selling for $5-$6 per 1000. You can try EBay, your local recyclers, or crafts stores. Seems like alot of work for too little return.

Where can I sell Coke tabs in Phalaborwa or Tzaneen in Limpopo?

By Leon N.

Where can we can sell pops tabs in South Africa? It's been a year that I have been trying to find the place to sell them.

Thanks

By B Nkomo

I live in Gauteng around Honeydew and I have 2 litres full of soda can tops. I don't know where I can exchange them for cash and how much can I get for a 2 litre bottle?

By Charles from Johannesburg, SA

I am in King Williams Town, Eastern Cape, South Africa and I wanna sell a 2 litre container full of can pull tabs, where can I sell them and how much are they worth?

By Zim B

Is the pull tab recycling project still active?

By DumisaC from Centurion

Is there a place in the Thomson, Georgia area near by that buys the taps off cans? If so what is the address of the place and the name of it?

By WM

Where can I sell the tabs at in Daytona Beach Florida?

By Carol

Where can I sell my pop tops in Miami?

By Ying P

Where can I take soda pops in Reading, Pennsylania to turn them into cash?

By John

I was told the police department gives you money for these tabs; is this true?

By John Z

Where in Kentucky can I cash in my pop pull tabs for the most money?

By Sheila

Where must I take my tin tabs. I am at Brakpan in GP.

By Xolile from Tsakane Ext. 11

Load More