Selling Pop Tabs

Aluminum pop tabs may have some monetary value if you find a crafter or recycling center that will buy them. This is a guide about selling pop tabs.

Pop Tabs
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

First problem I saw with all you collectors who would like to sell tabs is you keep putting them in milk jugs, 2 liter bottles, etc. STOP THAT! The proper way to store pull tabs is in zip locks, or boxes if you're into larger amounts. I have sold over 40 million of them to support my 3 charities.

Those who oversee larger collection drives do not have the time to shake 3,000 tabs out of a milk jug, and insurance companies may not want them using knives to cut them open. And the scrap yard is just going to turn you away. Recycle the milk jug instead.

Now, selling tabs, E-bay is where the market is, but you got to play by the buyers' rules. Take your tabs, sort them by type, and color. Remove the damaged tabs, now remove the tabs that are not aluminium (use a magnet if you're not sure). Next, it's needle-nose pliers time. Remove that annoying curly thing, it takes up 36% of the space due to the coat-hanger effect, and accounts for 4.4% of your shipping costs.

Count your tabs into 1,000 count baggies. This bag, which containes 26 cents worth of scrap aluminium, is now worth $4 to the person who needs them for arts and crafts. Colored tabs $20 per 1,000, MONSTER tabs $50 per 1,000. In every case, the buyer pays shipping.

Now, as for the curly things, they are also scrap aluminium. Dump them in the bag or box which has the damaged tabs and drop them off at McDonalds. These tabs will be recycled to allow families to remain near their hospitalized children, and you're making 15 times scrap for the tabs you sell.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where in Interlachen, Florida can I sell my pop tabs?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Selling can pop tops is not a very lucrative endeavor. Found some EBay prices-$10 for 1000, $25 for 5000 & $35 for 10,000.

You can sell your tabs to local recyclers in your area.

I live in east Los Angeles, California. My husband, for quite some time now, has been saving the soda tabs because he found out they are worth money. Where can I exchange them for cash?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A very easy online search for "aluminum can tab buyers" produced many replies varying from aluminum recyclers to people still collecting tabs for money. Essentially the tabs are not worth much, about 3.5 cents for 100 tabs at a recycling business. You can try a search for find more information online and also try the Snopes.com "Rumor Has It" site below that addresses the many tab rumors:

http://www.snopes.com/business/redeem/pulltabs.asp

How much will I get with a 2 litre container filled with can tabs? Where can I exchange them for money in Johannesburg, South Africa?

By Refeletse

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I buy beer and pop can tabs and will pay half a penny a piece (i.e., 1,000 tabs = $5). Ship them (at your expense by the least costly method) to me. For more information and shipping address, contact wordswork@telus.net.

Read More Answers...

I want sell my Coke can tabs? I have six bottles of two liters tabs. Godi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's worth checking on eBay.com to see if there is a market for selling them to people making recycled crafts.

Read More Answers...

Where in New Mexico can I sell my Coke can tabs?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Last I read a year or so ago, the tabs were selling for $5-$6 per 1000. You can try EBay, your local recyclers, or crafts stores. Seems like alot of work for too little return.

I have an unknown number of cans, and I would like to know is it worth the trouble of removing the tabs and selling them separately, and where in Lake City, Florida? Would I sell them for top dollar, if they're worth more than just scrapping the whole cans?

By Danielle D.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think Rose Ann has answered your question. It doesn't seem worth it to get $5 for 1000 of them, certainly not if you are going to bother taking the time to remove them, if you have not already done so!

Read More Answers...

Where can I sell can tops in Orlando, Florida beside a recycling center? Do hospitals buy them?

By Grace

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

I am in East London. I collected about 7 bottles of pop tabs and now I don't know where to sell them.

By Vero M from East London

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

Where can I sell the pop can because the collection is now to much for me.

By Wellman from JHB Berea

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can get the recycling value from the aluminum at any metal recycler. It won't be more than just recycling the whole can though. As for selling just the tabs, sometimes people want them on eBay for crafting purposes.

Read More Answers...

Where in southern California, Riverside county can I cash in tabs?

By Janis T.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Call Riverside City Hall and ask them where to take them. My neighbor takes theirs to a place not far from us. I live in Montclair/Pomona. The recycling center for us is on Mission Blvd.

I live in Cape Town and I'd like to know where exactly can I take my metal pop tabs for sale?

By X Rumbu from Cape Town, SA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

Where in Albuquerque New Mexico can I sell my soda/beer tabs?

By dra

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

I have a two litter bottle full of can tab lifters. How much can I get for them?

By Miss bee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

I have bulk pop tabs but I don't know how I can sell them. I am in Johannesburg South Africa.

By Daphne B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

Where can I sell can pull tabs?

By spokes h from Johannesburg, SA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

I have a whole milk gallon jug, filled with soda tabs and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could recycle them for cash? I'm from Anaheim, California.

By Jesus A.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

I have pop can tabs, like over 3,000, and am looking to sell them to some one in Ontario.

By Fabian M

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Read More Answers...

Where can I sell pop tabs in Limpopo? How much can I get for almost eight liters?

By B . Siziba from Thabazimbi, Limpopo

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well... Hi from Florida, USA! I have no idea where in this world you live (but I will look it up!) so I am sure that I cannot help you. What I can say is that if you are buying all these sodas you may be better off saving some of that money instead of trying to sell the tabs. Just a thought...

Good luck with your "sale" as tabs are not usually worth much in the USA.

In fact, most are donated to a "good" cause/charity to help someone in need.

Where can I sell Coke tabs in Phalaborwa or Tzaneen in Limpopo?

AnswerMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
          Load More
          Better Living Green Living Recycling MetalMay 29, 2013
          Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
          Making a Pop Bottle Angel
          Rainbow Bracelet
          Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs
          Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
          Making Pop Bottle Fish
          Woman Recycling Aluminum Cans
          Recycling Aluminum
          © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 4:03:35 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 339 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.